“beautiful shoes!”

$58.69*
Bohemian Oltrarno Walking Tour with Olive Oil Tasting
Ranked #100 of 647 things to do in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum is like heaven to shoe buffs since it houses a collection of more than 10,000 shoes dating from the 1920s.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I visited the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum with my girlfriend, who is a fashion shoe lover. This show museum in Florence was a MUST SEE on her list on our trip to Italy. The shoes on display were fabulous. The cost for the shoe museum is low, 5 EURO. The shoes on display were gorgeous and the history and stories behind the shoes that were designed for all the greats, such as Sophia Loren, Audrey Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, Judy Garland, Greta Garbo, and many others was very interesting to read. The exhibits were beautifully laid out and so many shoes to see! It really opened my eyes to fashion history. I would definitely recommend a visit here. The small gift boutique that is located by the desk prior to entering and exiting the museum offers a nice selection of Salvatore Ferragamo items for purchase.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This museum is nothing of extraordinary just by itself.
I went there for the Marilyn Monroe exhibition and it was totally worth it!
But it depends on what you're up to, so check on the exhibitions before deciding on going there or not.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was a great little museum. I loved the Marilyn Monroe exhibit they had, but I was expecting a bigger focus on Ferragamo himself so my reaction when I reached the end was pretty much "where's the rest?" I would love to come back and see how the museum is typically set up. If you're very interested in fashion design, I think the Gucci Museum does a better job because there are more vintage pieces there and the layout of the museum itself is slightly more attractive. But since it was so inexpensive to visit the two, go to both museums if you can.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Emotional and moving marilyn monroe exhibition. Very informative and great for any person interested in fashion, especially shoes

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This is the very reason we booked our trip to Florence!! Sitting in the hairdressers reading Tatler and there was an article on the Marilyn shoes. A message to the girls later and our flights to Florence were booked!! This was one of the best things I have done, a huge shoe lover and Marilyn fan this exhibit was enchanting. Well presented, inexpensive and extremely well organised. I loved it...in one of the rooms you walk through some draped curtains into a room with a projector showing clips of her films. Along side the screen it has her dresses being showcased. Amazing! It tells you the Marilyn story sensitively yet transporting you into her world of insecurity and fame. Even if your not a Marilyn fan anyone who appreciates craftsmanship like no other will love this museum.....the building, the store above, history, clothes, shoes, fashion. Breathtaking.

1  Thank 8-HappyTraveller-8