“went back for a second visit”
Review of Gilli

Gilli
Ranked #11 of 120 Nightlife in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Dating back to 1773, this indoor and outdoor café is centrally located on a large busy square, making it a perfect spot to drink, have a bite to eat and do some people-watching.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stumbled upon this place whilst shopping and sat in the sunshine enjoying a latte and watching the world go by, the staff were friendly even though it was really busy and I returned with the rest of the family late on New years Eve and although the busiest time of the year we were still impressed with the service. There is a huge choice of pastries and chocolates and although a little expensive I guess you're paying for the location too, that didn't put us off though and we enjoyed everything we ordered.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure i would want to go here for a full meal but on our recent trip we visited regularly at the end of our evening. Choosing to have desert and coffee here rather than at what ever restaurant we were at.
Standing at the bar with a lovely coffee and piece cake or a couple of biscotti was a lovely way to end the evening and at around 5 or 6 euros for both of us quite a bargain ( just be warned it would be triple this if you sit down) recommended

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The worst restaurant and dining experience in Florence!
- Rude waiter
- Slow and bad service
- Horrible food
- Tiny portions
- Over-priced
Florence is full of trattorias in small streets; try them and avoid big restaurants in piazzas

3  Thank NadaMagdy
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Skipped our hotel breakfast every morning to walk here for coffee and pastry. A cappuccino, marocchino and two chocolate-filled croissants cost us about 5 Euro standing at the bar. It was a nice experience starting the day among locals and a very pleasant stop before continuing our stroll around the city.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have been to Florence many times in the last fifteen years and I discovered Gilli's on my first visit. I have breakfast and always standing at the bar. Prices are considerably cheaper&I feel less like a tourist. Pastries and chocolates are wonderful and there is a huge selection. I wouldn't recommend the outside tables which are really for the tourist trade.