The Westin Excelsior Florence
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
$654
$634
1,722 results
All reviewsarno riverheavenly bedrooftop barpiazza ognissantistarwood pointsbeautiful hotelconcierge staffst regisupgraded roomtop floorold worldan upgradeluxury hotelrental cartrain stationour honeymoondinner reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2005

This was a welcome break in our European travels. The staff was very helpful. The concierges were great. One day we wanted to just ride around and take an overview and asked the concierge for taxi driver who knew the city and spoke English. He called in a guy - Johnny - that was a multi-generation Florencian who became a great friend. Cost almost nothing compared to a guide.

We enjoyed some of the American touches and they had the best beds in Europe including the other great 5 star hotels we stayed at.

7  Thank nwillner
A TripAdvisor Member
Hartford, CT
Reviewed June 24, 2005

Hotel was wonderful in all respects, food, staff, location, except our room was on the side street and it was very noisy, heard the trash being emptied very early in the morning.

Stayed: April 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 3, 2005

There was nothing actually wrong with this hotel as such, it just was not as good as I expected.

I paid extra for a river view and a large marble bathroom, well if that was large I would hate to be stuck with the standard sized!!!!

The river view was disappointing as the room we were given was on the first floor, there wasn't much of a view.

We didn't try the hotel restaurant as both nights that we were there it was completely empty.

The service in the bar was very slow and the food/drinks, v expensive.

In summary, I would have been satisfied if I had paid 150 euro, but at 560 euro, I felt robbed.

• Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank 911CarreraS
Reviewed June 1, 2005

I must admit that I expected more from this hotel, the hotel has wonderful furnishings and is in a beautiful square in a great location but unfortunately lacked that certain something. I think this hotel may be more suitable to families and an older generation. The reception staff were lovely but concierge were a bit abrupt.

• Stayed: September 2004
4  Thank proppy
Reviewed May 30, 2005

My wife and I just returned from four days at the Westin as part of a two week trip through Italy. The hotel and rooms were lovely, clean, and very comfortable. All of the staff were very helpful and accommodating. Concierge staff was great. Food and drinks are expensive at the hotel, but no more so than any 4 or 5 star hotel here in the States or anywhere else for that matter. A great central location at the Piazza Ognissanti, perfect for exploring the city. Rarely took a taxi as a result. If you have the time, we also recommend getting out into Tuscany--spent a day touring the area with a private guide and it is truly beautiful. Planning our trip back already (for tour, try ------------). Would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: May 2005