“Excellent!!”
Review of Hotel Lungarno

Hotel Lungarno
Ranked #7 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

A really lovely hotel on a perfect location on the banks of the Arno and overlooking the Ponte Vecchio. The rooms are immaculate & beautifully furnished. The staff are gracious, charming and very helpful. In short - excellent!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
FR1974, General Manager at Hotel Lungarno, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear HCF46,
Thank you so much for your precious and genuine comments about the Hotel Lungarno, I am extremely happy you had a marvellous experience in Florence.
Please accept my best wishes for a Happy 2014 filled with joy and wealth!

Best Regards, my team is looking forward to welcoming you again at the Hotel Lungarno in the near future.

f.roccato@lungarnocollection.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed on the third floor on the side opposite of the river and our windows came out on the street. We could hear EVERYTHING. It was impossible to sleep. On our last night there, a truck was unloading a delivery to the restaurant at 4 a.m. and it was very loud. I would never stay in this hotel again.

Also, we did not find out that breakfast was included in our price until we checked out and saw it on our bill. NOBODY at the front desk told us about breakfast when we checked in.

Overall, this hotel does not deserve the rating that it has on trip advisor.

Everybody here raves about the location, but please understand that there are dozens of hotels in the 2 block radius, and a lot of them have a view of Ponte Vecchio, so this hotel's location does not set it apart.

Room Tip: Street side rooms are really noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Doll33

Dear Doll33,
First of all please let me thank you for having chosen the Hotel Lungarno for your stay in Florence, the best location for sure to admire Ponte Vecchio on one side and Palazzo Pitti on the other side.
I am very sorry to hear your sleep was not comfortable and that you experienced such a noisy room. If you could please contact me at your convenience, I will be very happy to assist you further with your heavy complaint. Please be aware that the Hotel Lungarno is recognized not only for the splendid location where is at, but most exclusively for the service we provide to our valuable guests.
We are investigating on this matter (the noise), and I am sure we will find a solution with the the city of Florence. The law is clear and deliveries can be received only between 7am and 9am in the historical part of the city: it is quite surprising that someone was loading their restaurant at 4am.
I can assure you that it wasn't ours, we take great pride in making our guests stay the most enjoyable one.
Please let me extend to you my best wishes for a very Happy New Year full of success and wealth.

Best Regards and I hope to welcoming you again in Florence.

Email: f.roccato@lungarnocollection.com

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Thanks team lungarno we all thought the hotel was wonderful .

Breakfast was classy , plentiful and delicious .
The rooms and amenities perfect ...
The views just unbeatable and the location could not be better.
Certainly the whole crew were extremely helpful and warm
R

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Robinb1234
FR1974, General Manager at Hotel Lungarno, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Robin b,
Thank you so much for The great comments you shared about The Hotel Lungarno.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Florence, My team will always be at your service!
My best wishes for a happy new year!!!
Warm Regards from our splendid city.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here during christmas holidays and was extremely pleased. The customer service is top notch, all around- perhaps one of the best I've experienced and this includes better known properties such as Four Seasons, St Regis, etc. The front desk staff was wonderful. The tall gentleman that checked us in personally walked us to our room and showed us around and was helpful in too many ways to cover in this review. To name a few, the staff was amazing in booking reservations, following up on inquiries, and even lets you borrow their in house phone to make local calls.

As for the property, the rooms were clean and nice, and the lobby is cozy and warm - not too mention the location is ideal.

Overall, I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Enchantedforest25
FR1974, General Manager at Hotel Lungarno, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Enchanted Forest,
Thank you so much for the great comments about The Hotel Lungarno and its team! Being compared to Hotels such as 4Seasons and St.Regis makes us proud...
It has been a real pleasure having hosted you in Florence, we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Let me extend to you and your family my most sincere wishes for a splendid 2014! May The New Year bring you happiness and joy!

Warm Regards.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I took my wife to Florence in October. We have stayed at the Hotel Lungarno several times before and each time we have stayed there it has been a remarkable visit from beginning to end.

The rooms are beautifully appointed, the service is extraordinary, friendly and courteous without overdoing it (they anticipate your every need), the food is fabulous, and the views from the river view rooms are magical. The hotel is centrally and conveniently located in the heart of Florence.

I travel all over the world and this hotel is one of favorites.

The staff (in particular Fredericka) could not have been more helpful in making our stay exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room It is definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Buckly1951
FR1974, General Manager at Hotel Lungarno, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Buckly1951,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about The Hotel Lungarno's team.
It is with great pride we are part of one of the best hotel in the world, I cannot be happier when our most valuables guests recognize it. The Lungarno's location is unbeatable in Florence, along with the elegance of the rooms...
We remain at your service and wish you all the best for a splendid 2014!
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in our beautiful city!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff treated us very well as usual, they gave us the welcome back and it is always nice received a warm welcome. This time the room was better than the last time maybe as repeat guest they have wanted to gave us a gift. The deluxe room was beautiful very clean and warm, with bathtube and on the bed very fresh and white sheets.
We came back here because for us is like came back home.

• Stayed: November 2013
FR1974, General Manager at Hotel Lungarno, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Matsuka,
Thank you from all of us for the beautiful comments about the Hotel Lungarno, we are very glad you had a great time in Florence and you received a fantastic service from my team.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in our splendid city!
Have a great Holiday Season and may the New Year bring you a lot of whealth and happiness!

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week in December and it was one of the very best hotel experiences we've had in ages. We travel a lot, for both business and pleasure, and this is a full on 5-star gem.

Why? Here we go:

Service - top notch. Friendly, attentive, helpful, timely. Always greeted with a smile, very courteous and highly effective. We had to lean on the concierge extensively to replace lost tickets. Great job. We spent many evenings in the lounge, attentive and friendly service. And when we're on vacation, we are not the earliest of risers. The maid service worked around us.

Decor - so charming. The sitting room and lounge are wonderful.
Room - smartly decorated, nice bathroom and shower, comfortable bed. A Bottle of wine for my wife's birthday,You know, that's the kind of nice touch you really appreciate.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Miss Nadia,
Thank you for your kind comments, it has been a great pleasure hosting you at the Hotel Lungarno.
The Lungarno team would like to wish you a Fantastic Holiday Season and a Happy New Year, full of wealth and beautiful memories!
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Florence, our team remains at your service.

Best Regards,