“Wonderful locations and terrific staff.”
Review of Hotel Lungarno

Hotel Lungarno
Ranked #12 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The location is perfect. Just steps from Ponte Vechio and directly on the banks of the Arno. Our room was practically in the river and had a wonderful view of the bridge. Staff was very attentive and small lobby was a great place to enjoy a final wine or mid-afternoon coffee. Room sizes were a bit small given price and I do not like like the European custom of simply pushing to beds together to form queen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Lungarno

Reviewed March 15, 2013

we stayed at the Lungarno in January for 4 days and it could not have been more pleasant. We got an upgrade to a room looking onto the Arno River. The small suite was spacious enough , elegant and cozy . The staff of the hotel was very helpful with everything . Very friendly .The lobby was wonderful relaxing to come back to for tea in the afterrnoon after visting all the museums in walking distance. You do not have a gym or pool but I would certainly come back to this hotel

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Such a beautiful place. The views are stunning, the staff is absolutely wonderful, the rooms are very comfortable, and location could not be better. Our favorite thing to do was relax in the hotel lobby area with some tea and views.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had a fabulous stay at the Hotel Lungarno. The location was perfect as it is situated on the "quiet" side of the Ponte Vecchio, yet you were just a few steps from the bridge making it easy to get right back in the touristy action. We stayed in a Deluxe room with river views, it spacious (actually quite big for European standards) and clean with lots of closet space and a nice sized bathroom.

On this trip we also stayed at the St. Regis in Rome and everyone agreed the Lungarno was better, mainly because of their staff. They were unpretentious and extremely accommodating, they were happy to provide recommendations, fulfill any requests, make our reservations and do all they could to ensure our stay was comfortable. Because this is a smaller hotel by the end of the trip they got to know us and we felt like we were staying with extended family.

The hotel provides its guests with free passes to the Ferragamo museum located beneath the store which is worth seeing and also provided umbrellas on rainy days. The hotel has a small lobby bar where we enjoyed a drink before/after dinner and although we did not to get the chance to eat at the hotel restaurant, the menu did look delicious.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Florence, I look forward to returning on my next trip!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa1524
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I reserved a room with a balcony and the view of the Arno was outstanding. It was clean though is ready for a coat of paint. I was traveling alone so the twin beds made up separately and pushed together was fine for me, but if one was traveling with a mate, each would be sleeping in his/her own bed. The bathroom was roomy with lovely toiletries. I like hot hot showers and at its best, the water was barely hot.

Most disappointing was the insulation between rooms: is there any? My first night the people next door were whooping it up until 11 and it was as if they were in my room. My third night there was a radio blaring from the shared wall near my bed that was so loud I could barely hear myself think. The front desk sent up a representative who told me that room was part of the Lungaro Apartments and he would see what he could do but he was hesitant as it wasn't part of the hotel. Fortunately right then the individual turned off the radio, but I wasn't at all convinced that the hotel could do (or would have done) anything about the noise if the resident hadn't turned it off.

The wi-fi in the rooms was weak; I expected better for a quality hotel. As others mentioned, the service was impeccable, the employees friendly and the location ideal.

Room Tip: A balcony room, while it costs more, is worth every Euro.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I loved my stay in the hotel , one of the hotels that are unforgettable ..
the staff and the service are amazing ....
you feel like home and even di piu'
really lungarno hotel one of the beauty places that completes the beauty of FLORENCE...
the CITY of LIFe and for those who want to re-live the life in a different way

e; belliiiiisssssssssomo e anche l'atmosfera molto famigliare.... si sente come casa ...
per me .. non posso stare a firenze in un altro albergo mai

Room Tip: everything is with un international standard but if you need something extra that the hotel didnt do...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a wonderful property situated right on the Arno (ask for a balcony room) blocks from the Ponte Vecchio. Our room was beautiful and spotless. The lobby is warm and inviting for a coffee or cocktail overlooking the river. We also ate at their amazing upscale restaurant, Borgo San Jacopo, and enjoyed one of our best meals in Italy (22 Zagat) The hotel is in a perfect location- we walked everywhere--the Uffizi and Accademia. We won't stay anywhere else when we return--we were there in August of 2010 and plan to return this fall.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family