WINNER WONDERLAND

New York City, New York
“LOVE.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I love this hotel.

-The location is perfect if you are looking for in the center of the city yet just a bit secluded. It is right on the river and allows for such a nice cocktail while looking at the bridges.
-The decor, is my favorite part of the hotel because of the blue and white tones in most of the rooms. Some are on the smaller side, but perfectly fine.
-The food in the restaurant downstairs is good for a hotel, and quite modern looking. Chic crowd.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Lungarno in September 2012. Its part of the GHA Hotel and the SLH chains, so you cant go wrong. The Hotel is located just a stones throw distance from the Ponte Vecchio, and overlooks the River Arno, located within the gates of the old city. From the time of our Check in till we checked out, we experienced fantastic service from the hotel staff who were attentive, friendly and guided is through the city for places to see, visit and recommend and help with restaurant reservations. The rooms very elegant, spacious and everything you'd come to expect from a property that is part of the Ferragamo Group. Restaurants, Gelateria's, the Duomo and other historic sites are all within walking distance. Yummy Breakfast served in their quaint tea room which we loved. The Hotel made our visit to Florence an unforgettable one. We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Try to book early and request for a room overlooking the river Arno.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed at the Lungarno with a group of friends just before Christmas and we could not have asked for more.
The Lungarno is at a perfect location, very close to the Ponte Vecchio still tucked away in quiet side street.
The hotel is very tastefully decorated, clean, and it serves a plentiful breakfast with something for everyone. The staff could not be more attentive, so 5* all the way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BrazilNutLondon
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We visited Florence last weekend and stayed at Hotel Lungarno after reading about it here and what a good choice!! the hotel is situated at the heart of the historic old city and we reached everywhere by foot. the hotel is very modern, very comfortable and breakfast is of high quality and range. Above all is the freindly staff that made our stay- a dreamy one!! upgraded us to a room with a View of the Arno' extended our check out hour and lovely Lorenzo who knew to have a warm words and tell us which restaurants we would like! We couldn't choose a better hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yaya40
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I Have stayed at fair number of nice hotel in my life, but this dear reader, is the tops! When you pull up to the main entrance, you really have no clue as to the mainfold wonders that await you. as soon as you walk in, through the sublime attention to detail of the facility is readly apparent. Our room was fantastic with a faboulous view of ponte vecchio and on the arno river. beautiful breakfast buffet with huge windows overlooking the river, it included assorted fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, cheese bacon eggs scrumble..I was pleased with this breakfast and ny mom and I appreciated that we didn't have to eat again until late lunch. Staff were very friendly and polite...Lorenzo especially...the staff when is raining allowing us to borrow a large umbrella for a day. I don't have any complaints about our time here at all...we had free wifi included with our stay and had access to the hotel's varioys amenities.
All in all-I would stay in this beautiful classic and gorgeous hotel any time I am in Florence.

2 Thank timotilty22
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

One of our good friends recommended this hotel and we really could not have been happier. It is just down from the Ponte Vecchio
and walking distance to the Duomo and all the shopping. Andrea at the front desk totally took care of us and all of our needs. Tickets to museums, recommendations for dinner and always asked how he could help us.
Lovely hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for room on the river...much quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Whether you are a frequent traveler or make an occasional trip, you should never underestimate the importance of lodging. After a hard day doing business or sightseeing in Florence, there is nothing more inviting than the welcoming smiles of the staff at the Lungarno and the soft, white couches in the lobby overlooking the Arno River. Sip a cocktail, grab a magazine and relax--you are home. In fact, time and again during my eight-night stay there in early November, I was made to feel as though I was among family, not hired employees. Each morning I was asked how the previous night's restaurant had been and, if my meal wasn't great, the concierge called the eatery to discuss the problem. At the Lungarno, no guest is sent to a restaurant that is not first-rate. Often, when I thanked anyone for a service, the reply was, "If you are happy, we are happy." As for my room, although I booked in a modest category, I was upgraded gratis to a stunning suite with a terrace overlooking the Arno ( my good fortune was, of course, due to the fact that I was there off-season ). Every detail of the room was superb--very comfortable mattress, silky white linens, spacious closets and excellent, unobtrusive maid service. And, on an evening when I wanted a quiet night at "home," I ate a delicious meal in the hotel restaurant, run by a very creative female chef. Having been a travel writer and restaurant for many years, I have had many experiences with the good, the bad and the ugly, so trust me when I say that if you want your trip to Florence to be special, choose the Lungarno!

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade, availability permitting.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo