“Perfect in every way”
Review of Hotel Lungarno

Hotel Lungarno
Ranked #9 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed at the Lungarno with a group of friends just before Christmas and we could not have asked for more.
The Lungarno is at a perfect location, very close to the Ponte Vecchio still tucked away in quiet side street.
The hotel is very tastefully decorated, clean, and it serves a plentiful breakfast with something for everyone. The staff could not be more attentive, so 5* all the way.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BrazilNutLondon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We visited Florence last weekend and stayed at Hotel Lungarno after reading about it here and what a good choice!! the hotel is situated at the heart of the historic old city and we reached everywhere by foot. the hotel is very modern, very comfortable and breakfast is of high quality and range. Above all is the freindly staff that made our stay- a dreamy one!! upgraded us to a room with a View of the Arno' extended our check out hour and lovely Lorenzo who knew to have a warm words and tell us which restaurants we would like! We couldn't choose a better hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yaya40
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I Have stayed at fair number of nice hotel in my life, but this dear reader, is the tops! When you pull up to the main entrance, you really have no clue as to the mainfold wonders that await you. as soon as you walk in, through the sublime attention to detail of the facility is readly apparent. Our room was fantastic with a faboulous view of ponte vecchio and on the arno river. beautiful breakfast buffet with huge windows overlooking the river, it included assorted fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, cheese bacon eggs scrumble..I was pleased with this breakfast and ny mom and I appreciated that we didn't have to eat again until late lunch. Staff were very friendly and polite...Lorenzo especially...the staff when is raining allowing us to borrow a large umbrella for a day. I don't have any complaints about our time here at all...we had free wifi included with our stay and had access to the hotel's varioys amenities.
All in all-I would stay in this beautiful classic and gorgeous hotel any time I am in Florence.

2  Thank timotilty22
Reviewed December 4, 2012

One of our good friends recommended this hotel and we really could not have been happier. It is just down from the Ponte Vecchio
and walking distance to the Duomo and all the shopping. Andrea at the front desk totally took care of us and all of our needs. Tickets to museums, recommendations for dinner and always asked how he could help us.
Lovely hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for room on the river...much quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Whether you are a frequent traveler or make an occasional trip, you should never underestimate the importance of lodging. After a hard day doing business or sightseeing in Florence, there is nothing more inviting than the welcoming smiles of the staff at the Lungarno and the soft, white couches in the lobby overlooking the Arno River. Sip a cocktail, grab a magazine and relax--you are home. In fact, time and again during my eight-night stay there in early November, I was made to feel as though I was among family, not hired employees. Each morning I was asked how the previous night's restaurant had been and, if my meal wasn't great, the concierge called the eatery to discuss the problem. At the Lungarno, no guest is sent to a restaurant that is not first-rate. Often, when I thanked anyone for a service, the reply was, "If you are happy, we are happy." As for my room, although I booked in a modest category, I was upgraded gratis to a stunning suite with a terrace overlooking the Arno ( my good fortune was, of course, due to the fact that I was there off-season ). Every detail of the room was superb--very comfortable mattress, silky white linens, spacious closets and excellent, unobtrusive maid service. And, on an evening when I wanted a quiet night at "home," I ate a delicious meal in the hotel restaurant, run by a very creative female chef. Having been a travel writer and restaurant for many years, I have had many experiences with the good, the bad and the ugly, so trust me when I say that if you want your trip to Florence to be special, choose the Lungarno!

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade, availability permitting.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We just recently stayed at Hotel Lungarno and couldn't have been more impressed and pleased with our stay there. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating - we had booked an Arno facing room and were treated to a breathtaking room on the 8th floor! The staff was happy to point out some sights we should see, close pharmacies when one of us was feeling under the weather. The rooms were comfortable and wonderful - felt so at home that it was very tough to leave!! Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Since my experience at ac hotel part of Marriott in florence was so so, I decided to move somewhere in the middle of the town and fancier so that extended stay in Florence could be more enjoyable.
I noticed they pre-upgraded the room to one of their river facing rooms before arrival. My room had two windows ceiling to floor where you can get a nice sized balcony facing the arno river. The sunset was awesome, and the reflection of those building from Middle Ages on the river was really amazing. The bathroom was huge as well. The location was perfect pretty much all the sightseeing spots, restaurants cafe, wine bars shops were walking diatance. All the staff i encountered were very friendly and helpful. A couple of concierge (lorenz and simon) folks gave me very good tips about where to go. Very enjoyable stay and would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple