“Delightful meal”

Tavernetta della Signoria
Ranked #854 of 2,680 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Pouch Cove, Canada
“Delightful meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were looking for a place after nine on a Sunday night and this was open. Very inviting open entrance and we were seated immediately. My partner and I shared a selection of meats with bruschetta from their anti pasta selection. It could almost gave passed for the whole meal fur 12 euros a great deal. But we had ordered a couple of Pizzas, mine the Calabrese was the better of the two. With a couple of medio draft beers the whole thing came to 44 euros. A good meal in a nice setting, would not hesitate to return.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I never take the time to write reviews. But this place was really a pleasant surprise. I've been here for a couple of weeks. After a while, everything looks and tastes the same. But this place had some half-decent food, very attentive service, the location is great, and by chance, I met lovely people also from the US and had a very pleasant chat. I've paid far more and got much less--this is an expensive city and you don't always get what you pay for. I would definitely go back--and in fact, I may before I head back home. (Oh, ok, here;s a criticism: they play odd music. Whatever, I enjoyed the meal, and that's what mattered to me.)

Ampthill, United Kingdom
“Really good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

we went here last night and had a great time.the waiter was charming and funny.the food was good, mum and I had risotto to start and it was lovely.we enjoyed the house red wine.excellent value for money

Athens, Greece
“Very disappointing..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were attracted by the slightly lower prices than nearby restaurants. Service was quick but not very friendly. We got served only 5 minutes after ordering although there were no other customers, which means the food was pre-cooked and reheated. The dishes were dull to tasteless and we felt that they were hurrying us out. It is a "tourist trap" since you can get much better quality at the same cost in Florence. We will not go there again.

columbia, SC
“Horrible, horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just finished eating in this establishment, the food was average but the service was so bad that it ruined our dinner. Where to start? The waiter took forever to greet our table. I understand this Italy and it's slower paced here, sit back and relax but this went beyond that. When the waiter finally did come around we discussed getting a bottle of wine. We told him we didn't want anything too expensive so he brought a bottle to the table but it was more than we wanted to spend so we asked for a less expensive bottle,I guess he took this as an insult. We had to beg for bread, salt and pepper and vinegar and oil for our salad even though we were charged a $2.00 per person cover charge. We also ordered a bottle of water which we never got. Two in our party were served their meal which they completed before we were even served our salad. Meanwhile people were coming in and ordering and getting served. My friend ordered along with her pasta a plate of grilled veggies. There was no seasoning and something on her plate was charred beyond recognition. Of course the waiter was no where to be found. Finally after an extremely long wait the final two plates arrived. The food on them was fine. Then after another extremely long wait we were able to flag down our waiter (who was very obviously ignoring us) to order dessert. We really should have known better. We waited so long that we decided to cancel our dessert order. Then he wanted to bring it out. We were so irritated by this point that it ruined our final dinner in this beautiful city. Our party of four ended up spending approximately 20 euros per person but the quality and service was not equal to it. If you decide to eat here good luck with the service!