“Horrible, horrible service”

Neighborhood: Uffizi
columbia, SC
“Horrible, horrible service”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just finished eating in this establishment, the food was average but the service was so bad that it ruined our dinner. Where to start? The waiter took forever to greet our table. I understand this Italy and it's slower paced here, sit back and relax but this went beyond that. When the waiter finally did come around we discussed getting a bottle of wine. We told him we didn't want anything too expensive so he brought a bottle to the table but it was more than we wanted to spend so we asked for a less expensive bottle,I guess he took this as an insult. We had to beg for bread, salt and pepper and vinegar and oil for our salad even though we were charged a $2.00 per person cover charge. We also ordered a bottle of water which we never got. Two in our party were served their meal which they completed before we were even served our salad. Meanwhile people were coming in and ordering and getting served. My friend ordered along with her pasta a plate of grilled veggies. There was no seasoning and something on her plate was charred beyond recognition. Of course the waiter was no where to be found. Finally after an extremely long wait the final two plates arrived. The food on them was fine. Then after another extremely long wait we were able to flag down our waiter (who was very obviously ignoring us) to order dessert. We really should have known better. We waited so long that we decided to cancel our dessert order. Then he wanted to bring it out. We were so irritated by this point that it ruined our final dinner in this beautiful city. Our party of four ended up spending approximately 20 euros per person but the quality and service was not equal to it. If you decide to eat here good luck with the service!

• Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Danbury, Connecticut
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great food, nice atmosphere, friendly people. Went back for our last night also. Pasta was fresh, homemade; gnocchi were delicious, sauces very fresh.

Visited March 2014
London
“Not a bad substitute”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Visited this restaurant as a substitute for La Prosciutteria which is at the time of writing no 2 on the trip advisor site and in the same street, we went on a Sunday evening and could not get into La Prosciutteria. However we settled on this place and had a good meal.
The most frustrating thing is the large automatic door, which I'm sure is great in the Summer but on this chilly spring night we nearly got up and walked. The menus are the placemats which is a nice touch but if they are going to do this they really should change them EVERY time, even if they have minor coffee drops on them.
My wife and I ordered a medium steak for 2 and what we got looked as if it had been mooing 2 minutes before, it came blue and we had to send it back. When it came back though it was absolutely 1st class perfectly cooked with no wastage whatsoever.
The only other advice I could really give for here is do not order the pitcher of beer it is cheaper to have the small or medium size.
Would I eat here again? Yes, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good food at a good price with some great wood panelling!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Aside from the automatic door, this place has a good deal of traditional homely ambience. The food was good, with a wide choice and reasonably priced and the service was pleasant.

This was our third and final night in Florence and I would recommend this place overall out of the restaurants we ate in during our stay.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Dishes”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The potato encrusted sea bass was cooked to perfection, my wife said, as I tucked into my chicken stuffed with cheese in a tasty tomato sauce. All meat and fish dishes come with an accompaniment of vegetables, but that is left to the discretion of the chef. The sea bass had a mix of roasted vegetables and my chicken had some beautifully cooked herb potatoes and firm green beans. This is unusual in my experience of restaurants in Italy, where one normally has to order an addition side dish of vegetables, but not at Signoria!

We found this place by chance, having wandered off the main tourists track, down a side street. It is a little gem and has a sister restaurant 'Tavernetta del Battistero in Via Dei Servi on the other side of Florence. Prices are very reasonable and there is a lovely local ambience with musical instruments adorning the restaurant walls. Being an 'Enoteca' it specialises in local wines of all types and we had an excellent Orvieto to compliment our main dishes.

The staff are friendly and approachable and our young waitress spoke outstanding English but humoured me for my broken Italian. On this visit we opted for starters and mains only but the look of the pasta dishes leaving the kitchen will tempt us back on our next visit to Florence.

• Visited February 2014