“Best meal in Italy”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Recently my wife and I made our third trip to Italy. While we were in Florence, at my wife's urging, I looked for a vegetarian restaurant on the Tripadvisor app. We saw that Brac was close by and had good reviews so we decided to give it try.

To make a long story short this meal was a highlight of our trip. The food was excellent and original. The staff was very friendly and inspite being booked for the evening they managed to fit us in without reservations (we sat at the bar). The staff is fluent in English too so my questionable Italian wasn't a problem.

Brac is a bit hard to find but well worth the trouble. Our meal was by far the best we had on any trip to Italy.

Ciao!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Still amazed at two things:

1. I actually booked here for my FIRST night in Italy (my gf is vegetarian)

2. How good the food was - and that it was one of our best meals in all of Italy

You don't have to be vegetarian to like this place. Clearly a place for the locals and well hidden - but we had an amazing time here with some excellent food.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went here for lunch, it takes some finding as the street is not clearly listed on the tourist map but if you leave the Ponte vecchio and walk along the river bank past the uffizi keeping the river on your right when you get to the next bridge turn left instead of crossing the bridge, turn left up via Benci and take the second on your left which is Via dei Vagellai. Brac is about 50 meters or so down the quiet road on the right and looks like a small book shop. The menu takes a bit of understanding but basically you can order any single dish or a platter. The platter consists of a choice of dishes one from each section of the menu. If you want a well cooked, tasty and healthy meal then search out Brac.

2  Thank gtnsjn
Reviewed May 4, 2013

A friend took me here for lunch. It's half a bar/restaurant and half a bookshop, which gives it a really great aesthetic. We shared an avocado salad, and I was presently surprised. Avocado's aren't very good here, but these were great. Then I had the spinich lasagna, which was good. The dessert was phenomenal: a pear and chocolate tart (really a cake). The prices were reasonable and the food good. They also have vegan dishes for those of you who don't eat cheese. The service was great. Everyone was really friendly and laid-back but still professional. I'd definitely go back here.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Took a while to find Brac but it was well worth the hunt. Our traveling companions are vegetarians and we thought it would be nice to indulge them.....! From the outside it looks like a bookshop, but the seating area if through the shop into a rear seating area. The food was of a very high standard, fresh, tasty and totally different from what I am used to. I would go again and recommend to meat eaters......