“Innovative Italian Vegetarian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Well a vegetarian restaurant in in Italy is a rarity in itself. But then so is an innovative vegie restaurant anywhere. Fresh ingredients and wonderfully put together. The atmosphere is calm, modern and fashionable with a real artists touch. The price is very reasonable as well, but that really was not it's selling point. The thing is i am a real carnivore of the nose to tail eating strain, but i would happily eat here as i appeciate well cooked food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,148)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

A hidden gem - absolutely marvellous. Definitely worth booking so you don't miss it. Not easy to find but worth the search. Can't recommend it highly enough for excellent Italian vegetarian food. No English menu but you can order with confidence as it's all veggie or vegan. Great value.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wow. I never would have thought something of this magnitude existed in Firenze. But it does, and I am so grateful my girlfriend brought me here for lunch! We came around 1ish on a Monday afternoon and fortunately for us, it wasn't packed.

The first half of Libreria resembles a bar, to grab un cafe or due cafe. Going through the door, takes you outside to an area with chairs to lounge, books to read and a decor color scheme that screams organic, all natural and serene. Mi piace, molto. And then you enter the back of the place, where there are tables set up in the middle of a room engulfed in books. Books and books and books. Oh how I love to read. Oh how I love vegetarian food. Oh how I love Brac.

I had a late breakfast, so I opted for the avocado carpaccio and my gf ordered the grape risotto. Mine was basically an avocado sliced thin with a drizzle of olive oil and some type of dipping sauce, that was pretty good and a side salad. It was perfect for my stomach. My gf's risotto was excellent. Next time I come though, I will order the combo plate, where you can choose three items.

I really can't wait to come back to visit and eat here again.

mangiare felice.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Brac is easy to miss, as there's no sign and it looks like a book store from the outside. It's also difficult to get a table without a reservation, and even with a reservation you may find that your name isn't in the diary - as happened in our case. So, we never actually got to eat in the main dining area, and instead sat at the front counter along with half a dozen other customers who arrived without a reservation. The much-thumbed menu isn't particularly extensive, but includes a good variety of imaginative salads and various pasta or pane-based dishes. The kitchen itself is absolutely tiny and it's extraordinary how they produce plate after plate of superb vegan food. The wine list is small and there's nothing much more than 20 euros. Our total bill was 44 euros and that included four plates of food and a bottle of wine. In fact, we liked Brac so much that we've reserved (and our name is in the diary this time) a table for dinner before we depart Firenze.

1  Thank DELondon
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Me any my other half walked past Brac on our walk from the station to our B&B. We decided to go there for a drink after we settled in and we were not disappointed. Even though it was a wet evening and the main retaurant was full, we were kindly offered seats on the veranda area, where we were sheltered from the rain. We enjoyed some lovely wine and lost track of time! We asked for food and the restaurant was full, but the host offered us two chairs at the bar and we ordered. Our Italian is not great and with some help from the host and other diners, we deciphered the menu and ordered some lovely food. All very fresh. This is a cool, chic, funky and modern place and I would definitely reccommend. I imagine bookiing is required for evening dining.