“Amazing Food and Great Atmosphere and Staff”

Trattoria da Ginone
Reserve with
Trattoria da Ginone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #568 of 2,876 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were staying near the restaurant and after a search on TripAdvisor of good restaurants in the area we headed there. It had been a horrible day with rental car problems that took the entire day so we were looking forward to a good meal and some wine in hopes that our bad moods would change. They did as soon as we walked in. The place is small, but warm and inviting, and the host, who we assumed was the owner, was smiling and very accommodating. The pasta with wild boar sauce was unbelievable, as was the beef braised in red wine with crispy polenta. I had never had truffles before and since we were in truffle country I got the veal with truffles, which made me realize that I don't like truffles. The veal was good though. The wine and tiramisu were fabulous also. Everything was fresh and made with love. The owner was personable and attentive and was eager to answer any questions regarding the menu and specials. Make a reservation to be on the safe side as we tried to return another night, but could not get in. They have a reputation around Florence as being one of the best restaurants and it's true!

1  Thank Diane L

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very good service, great menu selection, best pork in Italy. I would definately eat here again. Can book out so make reservation.

1  Thank Bec B
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were recomended by our Hotel to visit this restaurant and we were not disappointed. It was not in the main tourist area but in a quiet road five minutes walk across the Ponte Allla Caarraia. This was a pleasant Trattoria which because we had not booked managed to get one of the last two tables. The service was excellent as was the meal which was reasonablly priced. Would diffently recommend.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We ate here last night after walking around. Lines were long elsewhere and I hate waiting for a table. Florence was busy due to a race and so we walked across Ponte vecchio and we looked at menu and decided to stay. They offered me a caffe cappuccino as I waited outside. People that walked out said it was great and gave me recommendations. I had the Ravioli spinach with truffle and eggplant. Husband was completely satisfied and said it was exactly what he was looking for.

Loved every minute.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We were just strolling by looking for a spot for dinner. This was a gem. We shared a linguine pesto and ossobuco, with house wine. Do not miss this spot.