“Warm and welcoming host, memorable dinner”

Trattoria da Ginone
Reserve with
Save up to 25% when you reserve online *
Trattoria da Ginone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #532 of 2,786 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I brought 16 university freshmen with me, and the owner made us very much at home in the back of his wonderful restaurant. We had tagliatelle with truffles, home-made pappardelle with deer, pici with spicy sausage and bread crumbs. For dessert we had torta della nonna, and a wonderful concoction that included marinated strips of orange rind. We loved it, as did, it seemed, everyone else there.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria da Ginone

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great food and service, in a warm, friendly atmosphere. It was full, when we arrived, but they found us a table. If we hadn't discovered it on our last night in Florence, we would have eaten there again. Everything we ordered was excellent, and they even gave us a small bottle of wine to take home.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Food, service and ambience all wonderful. Relaxed atmosphere. Will be back. Have already recommended it to others who have gone and said they had a great experience and meal too.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food was good good, the service was great, and the owner and waiter were fun to be around. I will eat there often when I'm in Florence.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great quality food using good ingredients and very helpful, friendly staff.
We shared a porcini mushroom and truffle risotto to start and that was sensational. Next my partner had the most fabulous beef I've ever tasted. It honestly redefined 'melt-in-the-mouth' and tasted absolutely delicious.
The only let down was my tortellini al ragu which, to be honest, tasted like it'd been reheated from the day before but was 'okay'.

A bottle of local wine at just 16 euros was very nice indeed, for dessert the fig tart was great and the coffee the best I've had so far on this trip to Italy.
It's quite informal so not necessarily suited if you're after a 'posh night out' but if you want some good, honest Italian food then I'd be surprised if you'd be disappointed. Not pricey either.
As a nice touch we also got a complimentary half bottle of wine as their 'business card'.

2  Thank Obmit