“must see while in florence”

Opera at St. Mark's Anglican Church
Book In Advance
More Info
$73.53*
and up
Florence Concert and Dinner
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Love Duets’ Concert: you do not have to be a lover of Italian Opera to enjoy this wonderful evening. It’s set in a small church from 1800’s. You have a piano, soprano & tenor performing Opera’s love song and Italian love songs. The setting and performance is overwhelmingly powerful. You’ll be moved to tears by the emotions. Not to be missed.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I just saw "figaro" at st marks in florence: great performance, a show at st marks is a must see if you are in florence. The music was sensational, the church atmosphere creates the perfect location, and the MC explains in english what is going on (in case you are not an opera buff). Singers were amazing. Spend a few extra dollars and get a front row seat: you are so close to the performers you can reach out and touch them.

3  Thank mike m
Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

There is a reason this is a top recommendation on TA. We had never been to an opera performance before and truly enjoyed it. It was the perfect length of time, so you never got bored.

1  Thank awilgor
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I recently saw La Traviata at St. Mark's. If you love opera, it goes without saying that this is a "must do" in Florence. But even if you don't know opera well, like myself, you will absolutely enjoy this experience. The setting is so intimate and the sound is so pure. It was a joy.

2  Thank Tim_ND79
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We attended a concert at St. Mark's in October, 2012. Franz and Ilse, and their wonderful singers did it again. We were royally entertained, in an intimate setting, with Franz 'narrating' each segment of the opera Carmen for the audience.

GREAT ENTERTAINMENT!

1  Thank TorontoTraveller1234
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I decided to see Carmen during our visit in Florence, we booked it from our hotel and we found our name on the seats as expected. The place is a very intimate, charming english church - in any case, it worths a visit - and we had a really good view from our higher seats in the back. It was my first time seeing Carmen, and I must say it was wonderful, all the performers were all professionals and really good, all in costume! The host presented in english and explained the acts in a very nice way. Also, during the intermission you can have a glass of champagne and chill for a while.
Definitely a highlight of our trip to Florence!

1  Thank Claire G