“First night, first meal ”
Review of Lo Scudo

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Giovanni
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled upon this place a couple doors down from our rental and enjoyed it far more than anticipated. Nice, old Italian restaurant ambience, welcoming staff, terrific waiter! Standard menu, we settled for pizza, salad, and a contorni of white beans. The salad had the best burratta I’ve ever had, firm all around and an explosion of cream once it burst. Our pizza with truffles was delicious, crispy crust, and quite earthy - as expected! Our waiter couldn’t have been nicer, made good suggestions for wines and apologetically switched our first wine selection that was not to our liking. Planning to return during our visit.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (516)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I came here for the second time and i was not disappointed. Home made pasta and florentine tbone steak were amazing.Dont know how some people could have had a bad experience cus for us it was really perfect.The service was great and fun federico and christian took good care of us.We will definitely come back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What happens when the previous reviews are false. Last nights dinner was very disappointing. Where should I start, fried seafood was good but over salted. My wife had pasta very bland. I had steak Florentine and was well done (if you understand how it should be cooked you know rare) the best part is on trip advisor they offer 20% off. I asked if if was available on Saturday night they said yes when the ck comes they said the whole ck wasn’t offered on the 20% because I ordered the special after I asked if I could order the special. This won’t be in the top 100 for long. Run away not even close. Look at my review of last nights dinner should have gone back. Thanks for reading.

Date of visit: September 2019
freddywhite1269, Owner at Lo Scudo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Booked with a 20% off on the menu A LA CARTE,so it means that the discount it’s ONLY for the menu. You asked me and my colleagues multiple times and you had the same answer,it’s not possible to Have a discount on a special menu that is already a discount. Told me that the fried mixed seafood was GREAT,you clearly cleaned up all the plate. Asked for a tagliatelle with garlic,olive oil and chili flakes without any sauce(that’s your wife choice) and steak came out RARE. Next time if you want it less cooked then Rare just say BLUE and will do it that way. We have more then 400 reviews giving us 5 stars how come you tell them they’re FALSE ? Kept complaining about prices and discounts,if you don’t wanna spend a certain amount of money choose something cheaper for you,all our prices are exposed on our menu and website.Im sorry that people like you,obviously lying,frustrated for I don’t know which reason,can write reviews like this. I don’t know why there is so much anger in this review,I’m sorry for your vacation mood.

Lot of compassion

Reviewed September 13, 2019

we were hungry and went to this restaurant, which is located next to the Duomo. Usually restaurants in tourist places are not the best. But we liked this one so much, that we went into it then again

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Miron2712
Reviewed September 12, 2019

Couldn’t have asked for more from these guys. Nothing was too much trouble and they kept all our guests happy. Went way, way beyond what you’d expect from waiters and I’m very grateful. Food was also great and really well priced. 100% recommend this place to anyone visiting Florence.