“Poor service and mediocre food”
Review of The Club House - CLOSED

The Club House
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed August 3, 2013

With so many options for great Italian food In Florence I was really disappointed by CH. it was recommended by a tour guide and I felt like I was directed there because I am from the US. Some people incorrectly assume all Americans have to live off of cheeseburgers. This place is like an American restaurant only with really bad service. We had to ask for water 4 times and the check twice.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband is a coeliac, so with TripAdvisor's help we found this restaurant.

He had a GF pizza and my son and I had a 'ordinary' one each. All the pizzas were amazing - the tomato base was so tasty and obviously made with fresh tomatoes rather than out of a jar or tin.

They also serve GF beer which made my husband very happy too!

Absolutely the best pizza we had in Italy (we had about 5 or 6)

Staff were really helpful and friendly too. I was showing my son on the map of Florence where we were going after lunch, and the waitress came over and asked us if we needed any help with directions! Certainly above and beyond the usual service.

Would certainly recommend to both coeliacs and non coeliacs.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

this was without doubt one of the highlights of my recent Tuscan holiday. following your review our family party dined here and I ordered the glutten free pizza, which was sooo good both my young grandchildren helped me eat it. this never happens when we dine out at a pizza restaurant in England, their usual comment is yuk, and mine is not much better.
all the staff were very attentive and treated me the same as other family members, not as if I had two heads for having a dietary disease.so a great big well done to the club house.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was our last night in Florence and I wanted to have a pizza. Being celiac makes it a little harder than going to any restaurant! So I hit google and came across a few places, but it was a Sunday night and most were closed, then I came across Club House and glad I did. Seriously, the best gluten free pizza I have had thus far. Even my husband loved it, who is not celiac. I highly recommended trying this. The service was amazing as well. I will be back again!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The city of Florence is an eyeful of amazing archetecture and history, but for a celiac it is laden with many ,many Gluten-free restaurants. I would like to name them all but check out the websites for all of them . I particularly enjoyed the Club House because it was a bit away from the crowds and they had pizza ready anytime of day. It was mouth watering and a treat that was enjoyed several times. In Florence they do not load up the pizzas with lots of extras,
mostly just home made tomato sauce and Mozzarella . There were also many choices for non celiacs as well. I never got to taste any desserts after eating a full pizza but they looked amazing, maybe next time.