“Very nice hotel north of Duomo”

Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti
Ranked #76 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very decent sized room in a charming hotel with an elevator, a comfortable bed and a helpful staff. I would stay in this hotel again. But it might be helpful to know that although the hotel is close to the Duomo and the Academia, it is a little far from everything else. It also might be worth knowing that our room had a place to hang some clothes but no drawers to put some clothes in. If you are staying for more than a couple of days, this might be important to you. We were there for 7 nights and ended up living out of our suitcases. Finally the AC had not been turned on the week we were there ( the last week of April). So if I you are traveling before high season starts, don't assume that the AC will work. The staff found a fan for us to use, which helped a lot.

1  Thank Luckylady3003

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The location was absolutely perfect. The taxi driver confirmed this when he dropped us off. The rooms were fabulously decorated, and the staff, although a bit overworked, were very helpful. Our friends were upgraded to a room with a balcony overlooking the piazza, and we had a beautiful room overlooking the gardens and roof tops. Breakfast was basic, but did the trick. The only thing that needed addressing, was the shower curtain. It wasn't wide enough to cover the entire shower, and part of the flow was inevitably flooded. This also happened in our friend's room. We ended up using the towels to clean it up, which kind of made a bigger mess. Not a big deal, but hopefully, and easy fix.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back garden, in neutral colors. I loved it. My brother and his wife were...
2  Thank Totentanz
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed with some friends in this hotel, the rooms and all the parts of the hotel are cozy and clean, the classic decoration inside makes it a real beauty, the service is amazing and with that sweet breakfast our trip through the city couldn,t start in a better way! Also the location of the hotel is TOP! in front of the beautiful piazza Santa Maria Annunziata and just one street next to Duomo (central cathedral of Florence), also near to many of the most important attractions in Florence. I would return in Loggiato definitely! 100% recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank erictl07
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor website.
I am very pleased to read how much you appreciated your stay at Loggiato dei Serviti.
I hope to welcome you again soon,

Best Regards

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights during our visit to Florence in the fall and the hotel was in a perfect location - just few blocks away from the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore and many other sites on that side of the river (which also is just a short walk away). Our room was clean, nice and fairly spacious, but it was not one of those beautiful rooms from the hotel website pictures and we had no view at all (but hey, this is Florence and we did not come there to hang out in our room). Overall great deal at the price and location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guestn
thank you for taking the time to write and share your review about your stay at Loggiato dei Serviti.
I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay here.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Florence.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel made my time in Florence more special than I could have imagined. With its high ceilings, thick walls and long corridors, the hotel is as beautiful as the city, itself. There are several sitting areas, each serene and peaceful, with art books, magazines and beautiful paintings. Breakfast is abundant and fresh, and the coffee is top-shelf. The location of the hotel is a short taxi ride from the train station, and is within walking distance of everything you might want to see.
Best of all, the staff at Hotel Loggiato die Serviti aims high to please its guests and that meant a lot to me.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the garden area which was used by students learning to carve marble. So there was...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review.
You have vividly depicted the hotel ,catching the special and unique atmosphere of Loggiato dei Serviti.
I am very glad above all for the title you gave to your review and the kind words addressed to the Staff. I am very proud of all the people that works with me. Their competence and their care
to meet our guest's expectations is a surplus value for the hotel.

I hope I'll meet you again next time you come to Florence.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

From the moment we walked through the hallways with their beautifully arched ceilings, we were in love with Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti. The hotel itself feels small, without too many rooms and personal, attentive service and great amenities. The rooms, though, are spacious with high ceilings, plenty of room for your bags and canopy beds. We loved the charm and the renaissance feel of the hotel, and everything was clean and well cared-for. The bed was comfortable and we were pleasantly surprised to find that our room had a view of the Duomo. Of course the location is amazing, just a block from the Duomo, around the corner from the Accademia and within walking distance of everything. We felt perfectly safe exploring the neighborhood after sunset, and found that everything we wanted was close by. Our room was very quiet with no issues with noise at all. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor website.
Your " declaration of love" to Loggiato dei Serviti makes me extremely proud .
I shall share your comments with the Staff.

I hope to welcome you again in our hotel very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I like the historical building, the location in the plaza, walking distance to most spots. Most of all, the high ceiling and spacious room. We booked superior double and had a small balcony overlooking the plaza and able to see the Duomo :-)
Breakfast is good enough with bread, egg, cold cut, fruit... Staff can speak good English and all are helpful.
Affordable price!

Room Tip: Room viewing Duomo is good
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alisaaaaaa

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor website.
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Loggiato dei Serviti.
Your words of fully appreciation for the hotel : its location , its architecture and atmosphere, and for the staff are a reward for the diligence we put in our work.

I hope to meet you again