“Greal central location”

Ranked #77 of 411 Hotels in Florence
San Francisco, California
“Greal central location”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights during our visit to Florence in the fall and the hotel was in a perfect location - just few blocks away from the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore and many other sites on that side of the river (which also is just a short walk away). Our room was clean, nice and fairly spacious, but it was not one of those beautiful rooms from the hotel website pictures and we had no view at all (but hey, this is Florence and we did not come there to hang out in our room). Overall great deal at the price and location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guestn
thank you for taking the time to write and share your review about your stay at Loggiato dei Serviti.
I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay here.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Florence.

Rodolfo Budini Gattai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
Northwest USA
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel made my time in Florence more special than I could have imagined. With its high ceilings, thick walls and long corridors, the hotel is as beautiful as the city, itself. There are several sitting areas, each serene and peaceful, with art books, magazines and beautiful paintings. Breakfast is abundant and fresh, and the coffee is top-shelf. The location of the hotel is a short taxi ride from the train station, and is within walking distance of everything you might want to see.
Best of all, the staff at Hotel Loggiato die Serviti aims high to please its guests and that meant a lot to me.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the garden area which was used by students learning to carve marble. So there was...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review.
You have vividly depicted the hotel ,catching the special and unique atmosphere of Loggiato dei Serviti.
I am very glad above all for the title you gave to your review and the kind words addressed to the Staff. I am very proud of all the people that works with me. Their competence and their care
to meet our guest's expectations is a surplus value for the hotel.

I hope I'll meet you again next time you come to Florence.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2014

From the moment we walked through the hallways with their beautifully arched ceilings, we were in love with Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti. The hotel itself feels small, without too many rooms and personal, attentive service and great amenities. The rooms, though, are spacious with high ceilings, plenty of room for your bags and canopy beds. We loved the charm and the renaissance feel of the hotel, and everything was clean and well cared-for. The bed was comfortable and we were pleasantly surprised to find that our room had a view of the Duomo. Of course the location is amazing, just a block from the Duomo, around the corner from the Accademia and within walking distance of everything. We felt perfectly safe exploring the neighborhood after sunset, and found that everything we wanted was close by. Our room was very quiet with no issues with noise at all. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor website.
Your " declaration of love" to Loggiato dei Serviti makes me extremely proud .
I shall share your comments with the Staff.

I hope to welcome you again in our hotel very soon.

Best Regards

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I like the historical building, the location in the plaza, walking distance to most spots. Most of all, the high ceiling and spacious room. We booked superior double and had a small balcony overlooking the plaza and able to see the Duomo :-)
Breakfast is good enough with bread, egg, cold cut, fruit... Staff can speak good English and all are helpful.
Affordable price!

Room Tip: Room viewing Duomo is good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alisaaaaaa
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor website.
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Loggiato dei Serviti.
Your words of fully appreciation for the hotel : its location , its architecture and atmosphere, and for the staff are a reward for the diligence we put in our work.

I hope to meet you again

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed in single room, number 35, with a garden view for nine nights while visiting my daughter (study abroad student). The staff was kind and helpful when I had questions about my stay or the city. The breakfast was quite convenient, but was the same every day, but that was fine with me. I enjoyed a cappuccino for many of the mornings.
My room was very quiet. I could hear other guests in the hallway at night, but that happens in any hotel. I opened my window when I was in the room and enjoyed birds singing. I wish the windows had screens so I could have left it open later into the evening without bugs coming in. I had a view of the city and a beautiful garden.
The location of the hotel was perfect for me. It was close to the Duomo so it was easy to find and navigate around the city. The square where the hotel is located contains the S.S. Annunziata church (I think it is the prettiest one in the city) the hotel, a small church right next door and a museum that is being remodeled. The street Via Dei Servi has a Conad grocery market, many restaurants, and shops. I was usually in my room by 9pm, and felt safe walking there then.
Overall, I had a great time. I would stay there again if I am lucky enough to return to Florence.

Room Tip: My third floor room on the garden side was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind review and for staying with us: we hope you'll be able to return and enjoy our property and Florence once again.
Best Regards

Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We only stayed one night at this hotel in Florence, but we highly recommend it! It was clean and comfortable and felt like such an adventure!

We arrived on Saturday morning and were able to enjoy the farmer's market just outside the front door too!

Room Tip: We reserved two rooms. Our daughter slept in the family suite, while my husband and I had a double...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fulfillingapromise
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your review: we hope to see you again during your next trip to Florence.
Regards
Chicago
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We recently completed our seventh stay at this lovely hotel, a perfect base for any visit to Florence. Located a short walk straight down the street from the Duomo, its close to lots of restaurants and museums, but a little more secluded. The staff are so very accommodating and friendly, and will make your stay trouble-free. The breakfast room is so charming you'll want to hang out for another cup of coffee while you let your eyes feast on the decor. I've reviewed this hotel before, and simply cannot say enough nice things about it.

Room Tip: Ask for room 303!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family