“Wonderful hotel in Florence” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti
Ranked #60 of 421 Hotels in Florence
stpaullori
“Wonderful hotel in Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We recently stayed here, with two other couples for two nights and really enjoyed this hotel. It's in a great location(practically next store to "the David") and in close proximity to shops, restaurants and churches. The hotel is beautiful as are the rooms, you feel such a sense of history as it used to be a monastery. The staff was friendly and helpful, they even provided umbrellas on the rainy day we were taking a walking tour(Artiva), which I also highly recommend. When we return to Florence, all six of us agreed, we would definitely stay at the Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti again, we loved our experience!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our Hotel.
We are waiting for your return and we really hope to welcome you again soon.

Rodolfo Budini Gattai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I loved this hotel, elegant in style, quiet and lovely friendly staff. Rooms cleaned daily. Continental Breakfast. Our room was located away from The Main Hotel, 2 min walk to a large building, which we didn't mind, absolutely beautiful room and bathroom couldn't wish for anything more, the breakfast room was next to our room, which only seated 8 couples or so, quaint and very stylish, the waiting staff, usually just one person, very friendly and helpful. The hotel is on a plazza, 5 min walk from Duomo; we were fortunate enough to watch The Cycling World Championship whilst visiting Florence. I would definitely book this hotel again. Most Charming.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience in this way. I't s a pleasure to know you enjoyed the historical environment, as well the Cycling World Championship in town.
We look forward to your next visit.
Best Regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed 4 nights. Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti is a converted convent circa 15th century.
The location is quite excellent and feels safe to walk around.
Our 2nd floor room was quite large with a huge bathroom. We loved it! We had an outlook over the rooftops and to the students working on carvings next door.
The hotel has beautiful staircases and the 2nd floor had two lounge rooms kind of hidden away. There was a gorgeous, rambling, very authentic feel to the hotel.
Two criticisms:
1. The beds. We each had an old fashioned, high off the ground, iron framed single bed which was very hard. We loved the authenticity of the room including the beds but...... I do think the hotel should update the mattresses to something a little more accommodating.
2. The breakfasts were very average - poor

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guests,
first of all thank you for taking the time to write a review about Loggiato dei Serviti on Tripadvisor website.
I am very glad you enjoyed the pleasure of staying in a very special place, for its history ,its architecture and its location.
Thank you also for your criticisms because they are helpful to understand what customers want and what is important to improve.
About the mattresses , I know that everybody has his own preferences, but let me say that they are high quality ones, they have all the certifications
needed for an hotel mattress, starting from the fireproof certification and they are ergonomic and orthopedical.
About the breakfast I respect your opinion even I'm not agree with you as the most part of our guests that appreciate it.
In this case I would have preferred you had added to your criticism suggestions letting me know how a very good breakfast should be according to your opinion.

We are waiting for your return and we really hope to welcome you again soon.

STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for five nights in late september. Had a wonderful room #5 in the annex. The room was spacious, the decor old world Italian and the bathroom large! All was very clean and the room was very quiet. No view expect for some rooftops but that was not important to us. We booked a "superior double room", so it was not the cheapest. Breakfast was plentiful with made to order cappuccinos and cereals, fruit and breads, cheeses and salami type meats, and hard boiled eggs. The location of the hotel is great with most things less than a mile away. Check out was the reason I give it a 4 and not a 5. I was not assisted in leaving the lobby at 4:50 am and broke my foot on the step of the door out trying to maneuver to open it with my roller as the night porter watched on. We would definitely recommend this hotel's annex.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in early September, it was our first stop on a 12 day vacation to Italy. We travel to different parts of Europe every year and I don't consider us picky travelers, but we did not completely love this hotel. I did my research before booking and I have to say... the hotel itself is very charming and the history of the building is very cool, but we had the smallest room and it wasn't super comfortable.

We had 2 large pieces of luggage and they were a hassle in that small, narrow room and the shower was the entire bathroom. So, if someone was showering no one else could be in the bathroom, and if you end up with this room remember to take the toilet paper out of the bathroom before showering... that was super frustrating. And lastly, the air conditioner did not work at all, we only have a table top fan in our room and it was really hot, about 90 - 95 degrees. We had nice air conditioning at all of the other hotels we stayed in on our vacation so I again, I don't think we have unrealistic expectations.

I will say that the staff is nice and the place is very clean. They have someone that sits at the front desk 24/7 which was helpful and everyone that we met spoke very good English. We had a drink at the bar and the prices were very good. We also liked the location, it was close to everything and there's a nice courtyard area right out front.

Room Tip: I think I would have liked this hotel better if we had a better room. The small room is really small...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kristen R
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Loggiata dei Servei for just one night. I am giving it a 4, wish I could give in 4.5.

We found the check-in amazingly easy. We brought a car, and they offered valet service, which was terrific. We did have just a little trouble finding the property; our Google Maps took us to the very block, but we couldn't figure out where the entrance was. It is literally facing onto the Piazza, and you can actually drive your car across the piazza and they will pick it up from the front door. This was great, but far from obvious!

Our room, 9, was clean. It was pretty small (fine since we were there for 1 night), but it's a monastery building, so that's kind of what we expected. Nice furnishings. Small bathroom but private and very usable. Shower, no tub. The electric plug said 110/220, which was great; however, it didn't seem to work and in fact the plastic facing of the plug was cracked and broke off when I plugged in and then unplugged my hair drier.

Staff was quite friendly. We were allowed to park our car for the full second day for additional fee (we paid the valet). It took about 30 minutes to retrieve the car at the end, which was find--no telling where they were bringing it from; we were tired anyway and it felt good to sit!

We left our bag with the "bag storage". When we returned, it was in the lobby. Not sure it hadn't been sitting there all day--it was all fine, but I would be cautious about leaving anything expensive in a bag in storage there (or anywhere, really).

They had a small bar downstairs that seemed to be doing a lively business the first night we were there. The breakfast provided with the room was also downstairs; not fancy but perfect for us.

Location of the hotel was wonderful. Very close to everything, but quiet.

We would stay again.

1 Thank NTXTravel
Dear Guests,
thank you very much for sharing your review with all the users of Tripadvisor website.
I use your review to say to all our future guests that to arrive at Loggiato dei Serviti by car is quite
easy and I suggest to everybody , to go on our website
and look at the page that explains where our hotel is and how to arrive here and you can also find informations about the parking.

I am glad you appreciated the room that was assigned to you, All the rooms are unique and different one to each other. If you surf on internet looking for our website you will see photos of many rooms of the hotel.

I am very glad and satisfied for your kind words about the hotel staff.

I am looking forward to meeting and welcoming you again at Loggiato Dei Serviti.

Kind regards

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Getting into major attractions requires advance tickets. The wonderful staff helped us see everything in Florence with ease and also find the best places to dine (which we would never have found on our own). The hotel offers comfortable rooms and a great location.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comment on the Tripadvisor website.
I am very glad to see you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel.
I appreciate your kind and good words about the staff of Loggiato dei Serviti.
The aim of everybody here is to meet all the expectations of our guests and to make comfortable their stay in Florence as the title of your review stresses.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Loggiato dei Serviti