“Unbeatable Florentine experience”

Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti
Ranked #82 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 28, 2013

There are many excellent reviews of this hotel below, and they are perfectly accurate in regards to the proximity to important sites and to the character of the hotel. It is ideally situated on a quiet, architecturally significant piazza that is a 10 minute walk, straight down via dei Servi, to the Duomo. Everything you need is within minutes, incuding a laundry, a grocery store (Conad), a bus "hub" in Piazza San Marco, and a delightful, traditional pasticceria, Robiglio's. One of the highlights of our stay was the high quality classical music that wafted daily through our windows from the nearby conservatory of music: piano, opera, strings, flute, ensembles. That and the views of Il Duomo, by sunrise or lit up at night, from our spacious suite, room 31, made us feel we were truly in Firenze, the birthplace of the Renaissance. If you like the predictability of chain hotels or are looking for luxury, this hotel is not for you. The rooms here vary widely in what they offer, so if you have specific needs or expectations, all you need to do is book directly with the hotel and explain your needs by email. We asked for a room that was large enough to relax in and included a sitting area, and yet we were trying to keep the cost down. Gianni was very clear about which rooms he thought would meet our needs and which would not, and he was exactly right. We ended up with a larger room than we had hoped for because a smaller one was not available for our one week stay, but the architectural beauty of the Piazza Santissima Annunziatta called us, and we booked it! The Internet was not high-speed, but it was adequate. Breakfast was very nicely served, and the staff worked hard for us making dinner reservations, calling taxis, preparing coffee on a tray, giving directions, and answering all our questions, silly and otherwise. The only drawback for us was the firmness of the bed and lack of plentiful, fluffy pillows, but we admit to being pillow hounds. Thank you to the staff for a wonderful week! Would we come back or recommend this hotel? Absolutely!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guests,

it is a pleasure for us to welcome your evaluation and we thank you for your stay with us: yours is an attentive description of the feeling we always try to convey with the service and also the atmosphere of an historical place. Thank you as well for your suggestions. We look forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to Florence.

Rodolfo Budini Gattai

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a great time in this hotel, in the historic building that is among one of the first renaissance buildings in the world. Is like staying in a place back in time, very quiet and the afternoons are filled with music from the Conservatory of Music. very close to Academia and everything else without the crowds that are characteristics to the main Florence attractions. I highly recommend this hotel, the personnel is lovely , discrete and very helpful.
Leslie &George, San Francisco USA

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the garden.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for sending your evaluation and for staying with us: we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and we hope to meet your request again in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is our second time staying here in a two year period. It is well located, near the Duomo and around the corner from the Accademia Museum, and has a very helpful and caring staff. After arriving by taxi from the train station, I discovered that my cell phone was missing , I went to the reservation desk to see if I forgot it there. I hadn't so Chiara V called on the two cab companies that service Firenze. Luckily she located the company and the cab driver and my phone was delivered a few hours later. Thank you so much Chiara V., you are very helpful. I am sorry not to know the name of the taxi company with the very honest cab driver. We waited in the lobby until the taxi driver arrived, we were able to thank him and tip him too. It seems that my phone slipped out of my pocket while riding in the taxi. By coincidence we were in the same room as last year, room 18. We had a beautiful view of the Duomo and a comfortable room decorated with period furniture. The next floor would have a superior view. The only thing that takes some getting use to in this particular room is that the bathroom shower is situated in the corner of the small bathroom. When you close the shower curtain you can manage a hot shower. I'm not sure if this is the only room that has this sort of bathroom but I think so.

We were able to see several different rooms at this hotel and thought we might try a different one next time we come to Firenze. All of the rooms we were shown are unique and inviting. Some rooms were larger and had more windows and larger bathrooms. One recommendation I have is to have better pillows. There was one better pillow that was in the armoire that was more comfortable, but only one. I guess I could have asked for a second one but kept forgetting.

The room rate, which I think is very reasonable, included breakfast, and it was very good. We had cappuccino with a buffet filled with juices, cereals, yogurt, cheeses, salami, some fruit, and delicious fresh plain and chocolate croissants. The people who work at this hotel are very pleasant and accommodating. This hotel feels like home when your in Firenze.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I really liked the hotel. The location was terrific. Just a couple of blocks from the Duomo. Breakfast was very good and included in our room cost. The staff was extraordinarily helpful. They did everything conceivable to make our stay a successful one.

• Stayed: April 2013
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guests,
I appreciated very much your review and I red it to my staff. Infact what I really appreciated is the
due recognition you gave to my staff. All its members everyday do spontaneously their best to help our guests and to meet all their expectations. Their main purpose is to render the stay of our guest a pleasant one and your kind words confirm they reach their goal.
I hope to meet you again.
Best regards

Reviewed April 2, 2013

we had a group of 7 staying with us at this hotel, and we were split up into the 2 different houses of the hotel. We were in the adjacent house. The rooms were quite spacious, but somewhat sparse - not in a bad way. Our friends in the on-site hotel said their rooms were done in period furniture and might have been a bit overdone. A slight complaint we had was that breakfast was served in separate areas, so we were kindly told that the following day we should not all meet in the same breakfast room, but do the breakfast room in our individual hotel buildings. It seemed more confusing than necessary.

The hotel is on the far north end of the touristic city center, but Florence being as small as it is, its really not an issue. We were very close to the Accademia and about a 7 minute walk to the top of the Duomo. The hotel is on a large cobbled square, so we had a bumpy walk from where the taxi dropped us off to the hotel door.

This hotel was nice and pleasant, but based on all of the reviews and write-ups from the multiple guide books, I have to say I was expecting more. Nothing bad, but nothing spectacular. You'll do fine if you stay here.

Room Tip: Check out the differences between the 2 hotel units to decide which is best for you. I wasn't a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times over the last twenty years, and I think it's terrific. Lovely, unusual, in an amazing location. It is certainly a "serious" hotel, but they have always been very accommodating when we have travelled with a young child.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TommyGirlNYC
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear guest,

I thank you very much for your kind words. It is always such a wonderful feeling when customers keep coming to my hotel during their lives. It is something to be proud of despite all the dificulties to always try to meet my customers expectations. By this mean and as you said we are a charming hotel loved mostly by romantic couples but also our little customers are always welcome!
Kind regards from Florence

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is located in one of the most beautiful historic squares in Florence, a quick walk to the Duomo, but also to several other sights (Museo San Marco's Fra Angelico's, the Academia, San Lorenzo and market, Bargello, Piazza della Signori and the Uffizi Gallery, and the Piazza Republica) and to the Arno river. The direct bus to Fiesole is also around the corner in San Marco. Our large, comfortable room with historic decor faced the square with a small delightful balcony. The hotel has a comfortable quiet lounge and coffee bar downstairs, a good breakfast, and a highly friendly and attentive staff. The staff made dinner reservations for us at the restaurants where we wanted to eat, and they offered helpful advice about public transportation, and tried to accommodate our wish to access the room before noon. The hotel is clean, quiet, and relaxing. We obtained an excellent price online--I cannot imagine a better value fr the money.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the square may be noisier early in the morning.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Academictraveller_11
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for sending your evaluation: the whole staff is glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accomodating you again when in Florence.