“Great hotel!”
Review of Hotel Regency

Hotel Regency
Ranked #140 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Pros: excellent service, beautiful garden in the back to enjoy a really nice breakfast, comfortable beds, very clean rooms, evening turn down service

Cons: Walls look like they're carpeted (i.e. dated décor), rooms are on the smaller side.

I know many reviews have complained that the hotel is far, and yes, it is a ten minute walk away. Personally, my husband and I love walking so we didn't mind one bit the ten minute walk at the beginning and end of the day, but if you don't like walking, maybe it's not the right place for you. There are a couple of buses also, that get you within a 5minute walk of the hotel if required.

I really enjoyed my 5 nights here and would consider it again if in Florence

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank n_walia

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent place to stay with a very nice restaurant. Location is on a park. Very quiet. Walking distance to all the major attractions. Just a heads up for Americans who like their coffee. I found it strange that the hotels we stayed in including this one do not have any coffee service before 7:30 am. Forget Starbucks,there are none. We ate dinner here both nights and it was excellent. We dined on the outdoor patio.

Room Tip: Our room,a junior suite had a huge balcony overlooking the park. I think it was 404.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IRONMANTENNESSEE
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Loved this hotel!! It's a 10 min walk to Duomo which makes it quiet. There is a park across street. If I want to really criticize: need to have removable shower head, tv needs to be across bed and not on desk and there was no place to put make up ( light is dim and no mirror in room, just bathroom) . Service was great especially Uri and Lorenzo. It's a definite come back hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Having tried a few other hotels, we stayed at the Regency several times and it's become our "pied à terre" in Firenze. Quiet, classy, close enough to the historic centre yet just off the brouhaha, it's a small island of peace with lovely personnel and charming rooms.
The garden is exquisite and the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyTParis
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed the Hotel Regency immensely. We had seen a couple of reviews that suggested it was a tad far from the historical centre of Firenze and these caused us some concern in prospect. They were totally unfounded; the walk was pleasant and each morning it afforded us the wonderful consolation and surprise of a view of the dome rising out of the streets, closer than it could possibly be imagined before it emerged. It was a very welcome respite from the crowds each evening. The hotel's staff were superb, particularly those who served the breakfast and in the restaurant in the evening; they undertook the task of anticipating and meeting our needs to perfection. My wife is a coeliac and we had not pre-warned the hotel. By the second day a variety of appropriate foods had been obtained and made available - all done with pleasure at the prospect of pleasing the guest. The room we stayed in was not particularly large but very welcoming and very clean and we were very happy with it. Overall, a wonderful stay in a magnificent city where the hotel added positives to the experience. We will hopefully return one day.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the park but with only 38 rooms in the hotel, and a lovely garden at the back of...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IKJ
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I would avoid the Hotel Regency in Florence. Their management is the most
unprofessional I have come across.
Last month I called late at night to make a reservation for
the next day. They had lots of availability and there was a choice of many
room types. We were never told the cancellation policy nor did we receive a written confirmation for our reservation. A few hours later, my mother was hospitalized for a life threatening emergency. I called the hotel at 6:00 in the morning and explained
the situation. A few days later I saw a charge for over $600 on my American
Express. I spent a week trying to call management at the hotel but was told either they were busy or there was no manager available in this 5 star hotel. I emailed as well. I was finally told that the manager was on maternity leave. I even called
the Lord Byron, the sister hotel in Rome, to try to get in touch with management. After a couple of weeks I finally received an email from the manager.
She refused to issue a credit and told us that they have a 48 hour cancellation policy. Well, we held a reservation for less than 9 hours that night so how could we cancel 48 hours ahead. She also lied and said it was the last room which was not true because there was plenty of availability up until I called at 6 in the morning and they had the entire day to rent the room. We did not authorize the charge and they are not willing to refund it considering the circumstances. We will let American Express sort it out now.They offered to hold the money until we come to Florence in the future under their mandated dates but when we do go back to Florence we certainly will never stay at this hotel with the unprofessionalism and rudeness we encountered.
There are so many other hotels with lovely staff and professional management in Florence. They have lost our future business.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank stella1950
Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of the nicer hotels I have been to. A very quiet botique hotel away from the city center but within walking distance . Rooms are very comfortable, bathroom is of a high quality. Staff very friendly with a very high sense of service and support.
Restaurant excellent.