The St. Regis Florence has recently been renovated. The status of this hotel has been elevated to the level of world class hotels. We found only comfort, hospitality, and high quality at the St. Regis during our stay. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Location- The hotel is next to the Arno River and within walking distance of all the major attractions, including the train station.
2. Renovation- The hotel has just undergone a complete renovation. It's beautiful! The lobby, restaurant, and rooms are stunning. We were given a suite on the second floor with butler service. Our room was picture perfect with frescos throughout. We had two bathrooms and a view of the Arno. The bed was one of the most comfortable.
3. Service- Checking in was a well timed event. After providing passports and credit card, we were taken to our room where we were greeted by our personal butler. Concierge and maid service was outstanding.
4. Attention to Details- Everything in the hotel was picture perfect and way above standard. The bedding, Bose System, two large TV's, furniture, closets, and bathrooms were top notch. The overall service provided was some of the best we have ever received. We love the butler "anytime" coffee and tea service.
The following are some helpful hints while in Florence:
1. Walk to the hotel from the Train Station if you're able. It's about a 10 minute walk. Head right as you exit the station and toward the Arno.
2. Take a few day trips from Florence if you're there for more than three days. Try WalkaboutFloremce.com for a trip to Cinque Terre or Tuscany.
3. Some high points you should not miss include David at the Galleria de'Accedemia, Duomo, Pitti Palace, Biboli Gardens, Ponte Vecchio, Ferragamo museum, & Uffizi.
4. If you love shopping and a bargain, take a shuttle to the Outlet Mall. The shuttle will pick you up/take you back from/to your hotel and allow you three hours of the best bargain high-end shopping in Florence for a 25 Euro driving fee. You leave at 9:30am and are back by 2:30pm.
5. Enjoy the beautiful quaint hotel lobby and delicious restaurant. Make sure to have a signature Bloody Mary. Sit outside in the small hotel front terrace if the sun is shining for good people watching.
If I had to provide one constructive comment to the hotel it would be that the hotel has lost some of it's old world charm in the renovation. The use of stark white throughout the hotel from the charm of old world architecture. Softer and richer tones would add to the ambiance that Firenze exudes. Overall, this is one of the finest Starwood Properties anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a sumptuous palace in the heart of the city, The St. RegisFlorence is a privileged base from which to experience Tuscany'stimeless attractions. A short stroll will bring you to the iconic Uffizi,Duomo or Ponte Vecchio’s elegant jewelry shops. Legendary for its history, Florence’s streets offer inimitable treasures.The St. Regis Florence offers 19 exquisite suites enriched with refinedfurniture and antique artworks, together with 81 elegant guestroomsdecorated with the prestigious Medici, Fiorentino and Renaissancestyles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Florence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Florence Hotel Florence
- Florence Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Florence