I stayed at the H&B for three nights. The hotel is centrally located which allows for stops during the day to drop off shopping, use the facilities, or put up your feet. The style of the hotel is well-appointed, old-fashioned European. The common rooms feel a bit like your grandmother's house where you need to sit straight and cannot put up your feet to rest.
The bedrooms are not overly ample but also not cramped. Average sized with queen-sized bed, sitting chairs, desk, drawers and two small-ish closets. I was traveling on my own. If there were more than one person in the bathroom at one time, it would be quite tight.
I used the help of the conceirge prior to arriving to arrange museum tickets and dinner reservations. They hotel added a surcharge to the tickets (which is to be expected). If you are handy on the computer you can avoid the surcharge and purchase most tickets right online. Their recommendations for meals were helpful.
The breakfast buffet was a bit standard with meats, cheeses, muffins/cakes, and canned fruts. I would have hoped for something with more imagination and diversity (after 3 mornings). And, at a cost of more than 25 euros (if not included in your room rate) what I would consider a bit of a 'rip off'.
Everyone who works at the H&B is quite welcoming. They know your name and address you by your surname.
Two mistakes were made ... I was overcharged for tickets purchsed (but had my original email with the tickets price quoted) and my roomrate was misquoted (mistake corrected). I would like to think they were both honest mistakes given the hotel's reputation for service. These errors remind me to always keep email quotes and confirmations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helvetia & Bristol, a historic property located amongst Florence's many cultural treasures. The Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is undoubtedly the only place to stay when in Florence. As a World Heritage site and magnetic cultural destination, it is the focal point for any visitor, and we are blessed by being at the heart of it all. Our front door opens onto the Palazzo Strozzi, a masterpiece of Florentine Renaissance architecture, along with an enviable location in the luxury shopping district. Our rooms and suites offer tasteful colour palettes and the carefully chosen antique furniture, objects d'art, paintings and rich furnishings are our hallmark in design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence