Great, smaller sized hotel with a great location. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant was great for lunch. Never got a chance to experience breakfast or dinner here, but overall was nice. The rooms were somewhat spacious (including our Amex perks) but you don't go the birthplace of art to sit in your room all day. No fitness center or spa, but the hotel is very close to the Duomo and Strozzi Palace. The hotel has some great history as well ( over 500 yrs old and linked to the famed Strozzi family ( not a big surprise given the history of Italy) The staff gave great recommendations for other restaurants and what we needed to know of ' must see's and not'. And much friendlier than the staff at the Savoy. Tons of Americans not as many Germans as we encountered in Venice and Siena. Definitely will consider visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helvetia & Bristol, a historic property located amongst Florence's many cultural treasures. The Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is undoubtedly the only place to stay when in Florence. As a World Heritage site and magnetic cultural destination, it is the focal point for any visitor, and we are blessed by being at the heart of it all. Our front door opens onto the Palazzo Strozzi, a masterpiece of Florentine Renaissance architecture, along with an enviable location in the luxury shopping district. Our rooms and suites offer tasteful colour palettes and the carefully chosen antique furniture, objects d'art, paintings and rich furnishings are our hallmark in design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence