Open today: 8:15 AM - 6:30 PM
Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Uffizi Galleries
from $33.50
from $23.10
from $53.10
from $67.00
32,511 results
All reviews audio guide renaissance art primavera da vinci famous paintings art lovers love art amazing collection great art italian art skip the line firenze card works of art reserved tickets ponte vecchio take your time on display
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Take your time; allow yourself at least two more hours than you think it will take. This museum is huge, and virtually every room has something of interest for everyone. Many of the rooms were closed for ongoing renovation, but by the time we got to the end, we did not feel cheated, and were delighted with our visit. Then we followed the signs for the exit, and found ourselves one floor down, where the items from the "closed" rooms were displayed. An hour later, we emerged from that area to find ourselves in another major temporary exhibit, which was also interesting. We finally emerged 4 hours after entering, our heads filled with incredible memories, and frankly a little overwhelmed! Anyone with even a passing in interest in art should make a point to visit the Uffizi.

1  Thank Larry B
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We visited Florence this past June 2013. Typically teens/tweens would not last more than 2 hours in a museum but in this one not only did they last, they wanted to see more. Florence is one of the great artistic centers of the world with ties back to the Renaissance and this museum did not disappoint. Truly a must see attraction in Florence. Of course you have to see the classics - Boticelli, Leonardo and Michelangelo but I would encourage you to explore all the galleries. A self guided tour provided a leisurely pace - we used Rick Steve's guided tour- and spent the afternoon learning about art in all mediums - sculpture, painting, and textiles. Visiting with a reservation to avoid the long lines is a must and they give discounted rates to children 12 and under. Plan to spend at least 3-4 hours and enjoy. One sad note though - photography is not allowed so plan to spend a bit of money on a tabletop coffee book or postcards to capture the great works. Also, there is an amazing view of the Ponte Vecchio and the countryside from the museum where you can take pictures - go figure. Amazing way to see the masters and learn about the Medici and Italian culture.

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Whoever told you that you could see the Uffizi in a single day (or afternoon) was either lying or running through the exhibits. This is one of the most magnificent museums (picture galleries) in the world and it deserves your focus. The audio guide is not that helpful, but pictures are well labeled. the problem is the size of the collection itself. The Uffizi is best done in two different days or the same day with a nice long walk for lunch. It is worth two reserved times and two fees. By the time I finished the "ancient" wing and was ready for the "modern - read 1700's and foreigner's wing read Rembrandt - my ability to focus had diminished significantly. I missed the last 2/3 of the modern wing simply because I could not really study one more work. Give the gallery its due or decide in advance which masterpieces you will skip.

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I'm no art historian. But I was really looking forward to watching the evolution of art from the pre-renaissance period through to the end of the renaissance. What I got was rooms 1 to 12 open, the Tiburna visible only from a hallway and rooms 18 to 41 all closed. Don't get me wrong, there was still a lot to see, but just not what I was there to see. And I know from the guidebooks that they often close sections, but to close such a significant number is typical of what seemed to us at least to be a Florentine arrogance, resulting perhaps from an over abundance of beautiful art. See the Accademia before the Uffizi. And see the Borghese in Rome before anything in Florence.

1  Thank SunFunFamily
Reviewed July 6, 2013

A brilliant tour of the Uffizi Gallery - Tour guide was interesting, informative as well as having a good sense of humour. The only negative is you need more than a day to see the displays never mind understanding the history behind them