Villa I Cancelli
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Florence
See available hotels
  • Fitness center
Diana Park Hotel(Florence)
Hotel Meridiana(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 18, 2012

In April, I spent my first night at Villa Cancelli. The biggest problem I had was finding the place in the morning and at night. I got lost twice, once with a car and once on foot. even my GPS in the car kept taking me to different locations. The nuns were nice, but since they couldn't understand much of my garbled italian, it was a challenge to explain how hard it was to find them. The grounds are wonderful and all you would expect of a villa in Italy. the bedroom is basic but comfortable. I think the worst thing was the breakfast. Dried bread, sour cream in the coffee, and yogurt. All for 10 euros.. Wow! All I can say, is that I will never be a nun if I have to eat like that.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ArtisanSuites
Reviewed September 18, 2010

We have stayed for 1 night at the villa with the nuns and paid 80 euro incl breakfast for 2 p.
It was a nice experience with the 3 nuns who can't speak a word of english.
The locatio in very nice only 10 min from firenze.
Only 50 euro would be more acceptable!

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank holidaycrashers
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed for two nights here in June and it was heaven on earth. After busy days touring Florence, the Villa was a joy to come back to. The nuns who speak no English could not have been kinder. It was very clean, the room was very nice and the grounds of this villa are truly lovely. We sat and watched the sunset over Florence from the gardens and it was just beautiful. The only problem we had was finding this place in the dark when we first arrived. It is behind huge walls and not easy to find or marked well. What a challenge. Once we got there we parked the car and took a cab into the city. I would go back again and again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JKroner
Reviewed November 26, 2009

My wife & I stayed in Villa I Cancelli fro 5 nights. Driving in from Pisa was a bit tricky on the narrow roads with walls either side. I thought they were comfortable one way traffic until I met a car coming in the opposite direction. As mentioned the Sisters don't speak a lot of English but were very accommodating of my very broken Italian/ English phrasing.
Meals were basic but excellent. Seconds are offered if there are any. Local wine with meals was excellent.
We arranged for one of the sisters to book a cab for us when we had to be in Florence early for our Academia & Ufizzi bookings, as bus stop is a bit of a walk away & down walled roads with no room for pedestrians. But who cares, you are in Florence.
Coming back to the villa after a hectic day in Florence was a bit of paradise. We had a corner room with a new bathroom & plenty of space. One fellow traveller from the UK didn’t even bother with Florence this time around. He stayed at the Villa all his days there enjoying the quiet of the gardens. Curfew at 11.00pm could be a dampener for some. We were so exhausted after walking around Florence, we were more than happy to come back before the gates were locked.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mullett-7
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Stayed for three days in this beautiful villa run by the sisters of the orseline order.
From the moment I arrived, to the day that I departed the sisters were sweet and very helpful. They do not speak much English so it pays to have an Italian dictionary. The views from your room are magnificent of nearby villas and the beautiful hills. Wake up in the morning to birdcalls. The room are basically furnished with all necessities and ensuite facilities. The breakfast is very basic but very filling and dinner cooked by one of the sisters, is delicious, there was always more than people could eat (18 euros). Dinner consisted of home made pasta, meat main meal, desert and wine included, for the amount and quality of food it was much better than at any of the restaurants in town .
The villa is about a 30 minute bus ride (need to change buses - 1.20euro one way) and a short 5 min walk uphill. If you are fit, it is easily done and very easy to find bus stops. Taxis cost more. It was such a peaceful place and Italians that were having procedures in the nearby hospitals also stayed in the villa so you meet Italians as well as tourists. A single roome was 50 euro a night including breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Rachel_2280