“Best in Florence! ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Description: We are located in the historic center of Florence, between Piazza del Duomo and San Marco and we offer a simple and tasty cuisine, made with the freshest ingredients of the highest quality. We owned a small farm in Reggello that provides us vegetables, fruit and extra virgin olive oil certified organic by ICEA. For this reason our menu is seasonal and changes every three months according to the production of the garden. The focus is on offer vegetarian dishes and great attention is paid to the Gluten Free offer, almost everything on the menu is suitable for people with celiac disease! Limited offer of meat, but always available in most traditional recipes:)
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I ate here twice in 4 days because it was so delicious! They use organic ingredients and everything was very unique and fresh. They also offered many vegetarian dishes. I'd recommend the rooster and seitan. The servers were all incredibly kind and attentive. It is also nice and small/quiet and relaxing.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,281)

Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

While it was quite busy for the two people on the staff (one chef and one waiter), it was still calm and a warm environment. The food is organic, local, vegetarian and vegan friendly. The menu is not extensive, but this is fine because the options are delicious and the variety of food for vegetarians is much better than anywhere else we found in Florence.
The waiter is a co-owner with his partner, who also turned up late to help clean down, and there is a real sense of a family run business. He was 10/10 friendly!
The food was flavoursome and a fresh change from cured meats and steaks. My partner had rabbit and I had a platter of vegetarian dishes. We both had a different flan for appetisers. Food was fantastic but the cheesecake... was the best cheesecake I ever had! - and I never exaggerate or express superlatives unless I absolutely mean it!
I would 100% recommend to any vegetarians or vegans and I would suggest this as an option for meat eaters to try as it is wonderfully created. There is meat on the menu if you want but also you can try some pioneering vegetarian dishes.
We weren't the last customers to be seated but we were the last to leave and we had a great chat with the team about food, drink and flavours. It was our best evening meal experience over some well-reviewed competitors.
I will try to return before I leave Florence!

1  Thank Lucas P
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Our Tuscan culinary highlight to date. This restaurant thinks deeply and creatively in putting together great food and wine. Thanks to the staff and chef Fabio for a memorable fine dining experience at a fraction of the cost you would find elsewhere.

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

Very good Quality food. Good, fresh, tasty dishes. Friendly staff. We also bought their olive oil to take home. We called and booked a table in advance The same day.

Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

My birthday was right near the end of a 3 month cycling trip in Italy. We tried Il Desco two nights before the day, and decided the food was so great we would go back and have the whole Tasting Menu - 4 courses of delicious food, (with organic vegetables) and (beautifully) matched wines. At 40 Euros (33 E without the wine) it was a snip. You know the food, where when you put it in your mouth, your brain thinks it's gone to heaven? Well, this was it. The friendly service, and knowledge of the wines, was as good as the food. Thank you Il Desco, for a splendidly memorable dinner! How we wish we lived in Firenze - we'd be regulars!

Date of visit: June 2016