“Authentic and beautiful”

Antica Trattoria da Tito
Ranked #128 of 2,930 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Had an amazing meal here, was the only non locals in the place. The food is typical Tuscan - fresh and real. The atmosphere is amazing and because they took a little longer (maybe 15mins) to bring out our meals they gave us free limoncello. They seemed so grateful to have us and even when the restaurant was full to the brim we never felt forgotten. Will go back tonight!

1  Thank Brittflinn
Write a ReviewReviews (5,635)

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Well worth the walk from the centre. The fresh past con cinghiale was superb and plentiful, followed by a huge bisteca fiorentina. After dinner, bottles of grappa and limoncello were placed on our table with bobo sitting and drinking with us between serving other customers. It was so good we returned a second time a couple of days later. Thanks Bobo...no wonder next year you are celebrating a century of good food from your restaurant!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Fun filled trattoria was wonderful, home style food and great prices for a major city. One of Florence's "best kept secrets" - even our tour guide was surprised we found it. Apparently it's "theplace" to go for them!

1  Thank ivanoff48
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This restaurant is where I would like to work if I ever decided to go into the restaurant business. From the minute you walk in, everyone is happy, upbeat, and energetic.

We had the hotel make the reservation for us, but when we walked in, they couldn't find our names. But to their credit, they made it work and gave us a table since I think they could tell we weren't lying about the reservation.

Food was pretty good. We had the brushetta with four different toppings (who knew lard was so yummy on bread?), pasta with truffle cheese, pasta with wild boar, and beef wrapped in mushroom. The pasta with truffle was a bit of a miss, since it was pretty rich but without depth of flavor, but the beef wrapped in mushroom was great and the beef was cooked perfectly.

Throughout the meal, I saw the owner walking around, making sure everything was ok, and he came over to check up on us a few times as well. After the meal, he gave us complimentary limoncello shots that we shared with him and the waitress and the bartender. He really knows that the restaurant business is not just about food (which was pretty good too), but that it is the overall experience from the service, to the ambience, to making sure customers are having a great time in a warm environment. I daresay he will be in business for a looong time, even if the food wasn't so good. He really knows how to deliver on the complete restaurant experience. Great job!

1  Thank Sushi888
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Simple but magnificent and unforgettable! Correct service, wonderful food.The first time I went, I had no reservation. The staff - even with the crowded restaurant - made ​​an effort to get a table. The second time, I booked and stayed for more time to savor a filet typical of the region. I can say it was worth every minute I was there! I'd go back for sure!

1  Thank Gmunhoz