“Great atmosphere, good food”

Antica Trattoria da Tito
Ranked #100 of 2,786 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The starters were amazing, the main course (1.2kg T-bone) was very nice to share. Above all a phenomenal ambience!! Very loud place, great italian music in the background.

There are newer reviews for Antica Trattoria da Tito

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Trattoria da Tito was horrible to my spouse and I. Solely because we were not fluent in Italian, we were ignored at the table, given horrible service, and seated specifically in a separate room with other "tourists". We were completely disillusioned by the text in the Rick Steve's book. The 2012 Italy travel book depicted this location as being a slow evening enjoying the establishment and a post dinner drink, alternatively, we were asked repeatedly for our order, given blank stairs at Mr. Steve's recommended "fermami", and ignored completely when we asked for more vino. Shortly thereafter it was clear that we were simply a quick euro for them and hastely being pushed out the door by the servers for their seemingly true italian customers. I am sharing my story so that future travelers looking for an Italian experience are not fooled into stepping a foot into this place, opening themselves to pure discrimination, this was a truly disappointing and horrible experience.

9  Thank Brian E
trattoriadatito, Proprietario at Antica Trattoria da Tito, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

What a BEEEAAAUUTIFUUULL COUPLE!!!

You are Just a DROP IN THE OCEAN!!!

17 on 1000...ahahaha

Good readers know how to read!!

Bye bye

Bobo

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My highlight of trip to Florence and best meal I had there hands down .
off the beaten path , about 20 minutes walk from Dumao, well worth a visit .
Make a reservation for later in the night ( 9:30 on wards ). if you go sooner there will be people waiting for tables and you can't take your time and hang out for a long time aftre you finished your meal , gotta pay and leave to give your table to the next group ).
The Florentine steak is more tha enough for two( the size varies ,the price remain the same and it's minimum 43 ounces ). Served midium- rare and it's the best bite of T-bone you'll ever expirance.
Home made gnochi was fine but not over the top.

Babbo, the owner is a fun guy , make sure you stick around for their complimentary house made appretif.
Very reasonbly priced and outstanding meal .

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have just left this establishment and have never been treated this badly in all of my travels. The discrimination towards non-Italians is astounding to the point we were sat in a separate "tourist" room. The servers approached every 30 seconds in an effort to get us out of the restaurant. Realizing what was happening I became so upset I teared up at the thought of this happening to someone else. As the night went on the Italians got service despite multiple attempts from us to get more "vino". We ended up leaving due the fact we were being blatantly ignored. I truly hope this never happens to anyone else which is why I choose to post my first review ever. Discrimination is not okay under any circumstance. Don't go to this place with any expectation of a "true Italian" experience. Additionally,it doesn't matter what time you eat everyone should be treated equally! No more excuses everyone is a human being regardless of the time they eat or the country they are from. P.S- to the owner... don't assume people do not understand Italian by handing out English menus to everyone you think is American.

8  Thank Akaphd
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I have just returned to our hotel after an unbelievable lunch at Trattoria Tito. What a reward after a lengthy walk from Ponte Vecchio! We are serious 'foodies', and keen to 'eat like the locals' wherever we go. We didn't have a reservation, but were made really welcome by Bobo on our arrival. What an officionado he turned out to be on Tuscan gastronomy, and he made sure that we were looked after with excellent wine and the best food we'd had in several years of visiting Firenze! Please try the Florentine tripe, which is an absolute delight, and as good as you'll get anywhere. Believe me, I'm critical to a fault, but found absolutely nothing to complain about with this authentic Florentine trattoria! Oh, nearly forgot - 'il conto' was a fraction of the size of those charged for much inferior meals 'downtown'. Go there!!