“Fantastic meal, our best of Italy”

Antica Trattoria da Tito
Ranked #131 of 2,912 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Definitely the best meal I had in our 8 days in Italy, I was still talking about it the following day! It's a little bit off the beaten track but not too hard to find; would advise either making a reservation or arriving soon after 7pm, they were turning people away after about 7:15pm on a Thursday night.
We had the sharing plate to start with which was excellent; the chicken liver pate bruschetta in particular was out of this world, the best I've ever tasted. I asked our waiter for his pasta recommendation and wasn't let down by the home-made pasta with wild boar. My wife had the lasagne and was equally as impressed. Dessert was tiramisu which was unbelievably creamy and the bowl almost had to be licked clean. At the end of the meal we were given a complementary bottle of home-made limoncello, it was amazing! Best meal of our Italy trip by a long way, and all for only 50 euro.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,594)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Me and my girlfriend ate here due to the reviews and we weren't disappointed; best seafood risotto ( 20 euro for two!!), friendly and helpful staff (speak English), great atmosphere and cheap for Florence (35 euro bill include water and drinks). I would recommend anyone to eat here due to the passion of providing the best quality of food. (opens 7:30 pm)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Many thanks to all of the T A reviewers that caused us to go here. Fabulous pasta, great appetizers, and killer segundo piattos all combined for an awesome dining experience. Staff was efficient and friendly and the prices extremely reasonable for Florence. Would have eaten here every day if possible.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We absolutely loved this restaurant. The food was fabulous (the truffle tagliatelle was incredible), the service excellent and the atmosphere was just so much fun! The on the house limoncello at the end of the meal made for quite a sore head the next day. My husband and I went for our first wedding anniversary and it was the best meal we have had in Italy.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our hotel recommended this restaurant, you need a reservation so get your hotel to make one for you when you book your room. We were a group of 12 people we could only get a reservation from 7-9 pm as they are packed every night. Everyone of us had a fantastic dinner the only thing better than the food were the people. They are warm, friendly, inviting and they take their food seriously especially the meat. My wife and I shared a black flour pasta dish that was different and very good then we shared a veal steak that was excellent, I bought a 1.5 L bottle of their house red (very nice wine) for the table my bill before tip was 32 euro. Some of our group ordered the beef steak with beacon fat it only comes rare and it has pork belly draped over it was incredible and I come from beef country. I also tried their meat balls I never tasted anything so rich. At the end a round of house made orange cello with the waiter topped off a great night. You will not go wrong eating here so make that reservation.