“There must be better options in Florence” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Astor

Hotel Astor
Ranked #375 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Tegucigalpa
“There must be better options in Florence”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel not too close to the center of Florence (you need a bus that will take like 15 minutes to reach it). The room was small, but ok and clean. The wifi signal did not reach my room tough and that was really annoying. The staff of the hotel was gentle, but definetly there must be better options in Florence.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zynth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We got to the hotel after a long tiring trip from Rome and upon checking we were given a small awful smelling rome with dirty bed linens. We refused and was given an even worse room in the back. Then we were taken to a room on the 2nd floor which was a bit bigger and did not smell. Being tired and hungry We left our bags and went to get some dinner. We were told that the room was hot since the air was just turned on. On our return we went to the room which was very hot and then asked about a/c. A different worker told us the a/c was not working and we should open the window. The place was plagued by Mosquitos which I am allergic too. My niece who is pregnant tried to take a bath and on entering the bathroom the door fell of almost injuring her. I call the staff and he acted surprised. It was was late and I was hot and tired without a bath and scared of mosquito bites and being hurt in the bathroom. I was offered a next room and told bathroom does not work but I could sleep in that one and since it was on the ground floor it was cooler. Imagine my horror no working bathroom, a pregnant niece, no a/c. No bath. There were no towels but some pieces of cloth that looked like table cloths. I had to book another hotel and leave. The hotel is dirty and smelly. Not even for a penny a night should anyone stay at this hotel. Travel sights should not promote this hotel.

Room Tip: Book another other place. This is not fit for humans.
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank MsTTTravel

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Luckily was only here for the one night while heading towards Lavagna, man this place is so run down. The room was big enough, the beds were so unconformable, the bathroom was small and dirty and water leaked out of the shower, this place really needs a good makeover. Our room was right in front of the air conditioner unit (I think) so there was this constant loud buzzing noise, so we did not get a good nights sleep. Breakfast was limited and unimpressive. I probably would not call this place a Hotel, but I guess you get what you pay for. as this was one of the cheapest places in Florence.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SammySyd
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is old and poorly maintained. At the first glance rooms are looking good. But the disappointment when you enter the bathroom... Maybe they cleaned it but still seemed quite dirty. It's small and many tiles are broken or even missing, shower floor is cracked plus the water stays in.
Madras is old with bumps on both sides of the bed.
It wasn't too expensive but definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank kikae26
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here as a base for Florence.

It's not in the city centre, but the bus stops right outside and only takes 10 minutes, there neighborhood is good with shops (including supermarket), and some good restaurants within walking distance (I suggest iTemplari, ask the staff and they will direct you). And there is also free parking on site for those with cars.

Breakfast was good with breads, pastries cheese, meat and cereal with coffee brewed to order.

The room was good and the bed comfy, however the bathroom was rather small and the shower leaked. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bloemfontein
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Coming down the street to the hotel, it looked rather scruffy from the outside. However, even though we were very early (11H00) the friendly desk attendant showed us the hotel parking at the back of the hotel. (Free - which is seldom found in Florence, or any other city in Italy.) She quickly helped us with maps, directions and suggestions for the rest of the day, including restaurants nearby for the evening. The hotel could do with a lick of paint and some renovations, especially the showers, which do not drain. I reported this to the cleaning lady, but she must have not understood me or ignored me. It was clean (no dust under the bed) and we received new towels on the second day. The breakfast was continental, which kept us going until about eleven. Bus stop to the city close by, on the same street. On the reception staff's suggestion, we walked a couple of blocks from the hotel for a fantastic Florentine evening meal. Overall, good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I would like to start off this review by saying I am not someone who has to have a top notch hotel when I visit a new city for the first time - my attitude usually is, as long as it is clean and the mattress halfway decent - then that's fine. My main aim is to explore the city and not stay in the hotel room....BUT...this hotel well, first of all it is seriously far away from the city center. When I say far away, it's okay by bus which is not that bad actually - and the bus stop is not too far from the hotel so that is fine. The girls behind reception were also very nice and tried to be as helpful as they could - but I guess we just went at the wrong time - and by that I mean our stay coincided with about 80 Italian teenage schoolkids who were away for a few days on a visit to Florence. That is cool too - but what was NOT cool was the noise they made until well into the early hours and I am talking 2 or 3 am and then again from 7am onwards. Not sure if their teacher was with them but neither he/she nor the hotel management did anything about that until we complained bitterly. Then they put an italian notice on all the doors that was meant to have said - no noise after 10pm - well guess what, it did not work. Eventually we decided to leave the hotel and lastminute.com into another one as it was my birthday week after all. The rooms are pretty basic and sometimes a bit shabby and the walls need cleaning (dead nats that someone obviously swatted were still sticking on there) - I think this hotel is more for groups as I did not see many couples. The breakfast was as basic as they come and the girls who served it were rather grumpy. I suppose it had something to do with the fact that 80 kids had descended on them. All in all, I would NOT recommend this hotel to couples who want to have a romantic getaway in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Yes, it is cheap but you certainly get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Good luck - we moved from one facing the street to one facing the back car par - but at least there...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple