“Wonderful Sweets” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Cantuccio di San Lorenzo

Il Cantuccio di San Lorenzo
Via Sant'Antonino, 23R, 50123, Florence, Italy (San Lorenzo)
+39 055 290034
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 79 Bakeries in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Description: Based on the tradition of the Marini's family, the CANTUCCI MORBIDI produced by Il Cantuccio San Lorenzo is a typical Tuscan product sought after and appreciated worldwide. Ancient recipes, handed down to the young niece Francesca, that still maintain passion and craftsmanship care, to get traditional flavors of typical Florentine pastries.
United States
“Wonderful Sweets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

While studying abroad in Florence, I lived in the apartment directly across the street and the aroma from the shop was wonderful! The pistachio cookies were my favorite!

• Visited October 2012

London
“Very tasty and a great gift but quite prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'd never heard of Cantucci and went based on trip advisor reccomendations. They were really nice, but I remember someone saying they were quite cheap and thought it was worth mentioning they are not that cheap! My girlfriend and I bought a large back each and it came to 25 euros!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank blutac123
Tel Aviv, Israel
“OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a very small place. Selection was very limited. We had cookies which were good. I think its not worth looking for but nice if you accidently get there.

San Francisco, California
“Charming and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

When I asked my hotel's front desk for pasticceria (bakery) recommendations, she mentioned I should try cantucci. I stumbled upon this place while trying to find the Mercato Centrale and went in. The sample on the counter was delicious and the staff was very friendly and kind about my poor command of the local language. And I could see the freshly cooled loaves waiting to be cut up - they're baked right there. I think there were 4 - 5 varieties. And with that, I bought a bag. Then I went back and bought another bag to bring back for friends. Price is great too.

• Visited May 2013
Mountain View, California
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The cantucci here is truly exquisite. Crunchy, soft, and chewy--all in one. You can smell the bakery from down the street and you can even watch them making goodies from the window. They would make a delightful gift as they keep for a while.

• Visited April 2013