“Charming and delicious”

Ranked #1 of 76 Bakeries in Florence
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Description: Based on the tradition of the Marini's family, the CANTUCCI MORBIDI produced by Il Cantuccio San Lorenzo is a typical Tuscan product sought after and appreciated worldwide. Ancient recipes, handed down to the young niece Francesca, that still maintain passion and craftsmanship care, to get traditional flavors of typical Florentine pastries.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

When I asked my hotel's front desk for pasticceria (bakery) recommendations, she mentioned I should try cantucci. I stumbled upon this place while trying to find the Mercato Centrale and went in. The sample on the counter was delicious and the staff was very friendly and kind about my poor command of the local language. And I could see the freshly cooled loaves waiting to be cut up - they're baked right there. I think there were 4 - 5 varieties. And with that, I bought a bag. Then I went back and bought another bag to bring back for friends. Price is great too.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The cantucci here is truly exquisite. Crunchy, soft, and chewy--all in one. You can smell the bakery from down the street and you can even watch them making goodies from the window. They would make a delightful gift as they keep for a while.

1  Thank armedina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was a pain to find thanks to stupid Italian naming conventions. But it was quite excellent. Especially the pistachio biscuit.

3  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very fresh and delicious cantucci sold and made by a very friendly "pasticciere fiorentino". You can try the different versions of them there, together with the typical wine. When you taste them you really realise that the owner makes them in the traditional way.. and with love!! this is the perfect gift to take home - or just to eat on the way back -.

2  Thank ChiaraCy
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hidden away in a sidestreet, this shop can easily be bypassed. We came on the advice of other tripadvisors and was not disappointed by the cantuccio. You can sample the cantuccio before buying. We bought six 200g bags as souvenirs. We would buy more if only we could fit it all in our luggage!

2  Thank Judesta