“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel owner at Davanzati hotel recommended and made reservations for my family. Thank you. The food was truely tuscan style. And my hats off to Nicco our waiter, Excellent job as he took his time and explained all the dishes and made excellent recomendations. My son and i had the seak for two, served on a hot ceramic dish with potatos.The steak was cooked to perfection and the flavor , ahh the flavor. My wife had the fish special which was a sea bass. Did not get to try it as my wife polished it off quickly as she said it was delicious. We started with a meat tray and bruchetta appetizer. That was almost a meal in it self. Excellent wine selection and even had numerous super tuscan wines! Splurge on the wine if you can as the super tuscans are excellent.

1  Thank Stephen N

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Very good food. Very nice place. The pasta is deliciouuuus and the meat is very good!!
I enjoyed the place and the food!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Incredible! Fine dining at it's best. Our waitress was so nice and everyone dropped by to say hello during the evening. We'd been sent by a local business person who eats here regularly.
We were given a glass of Prosecco to start and a bit of Limoncello to finish.
We started with a shared beef Carpaccio and then my husband ordered bream. It's a white fish with no "fishy, oily taste" at all. It was served with zucchini done in a mint dressing.
I had a homemade pasta with what was called goose prosciutto (?) and truffle oil. The prosciutto tasted just like any other prosciutto and was delicious. But, for my taste, they went a bit heavy on the truffle oil, so the dish was very rich. Still, yummy and creative, but it just missed stellar!
We shared a delicious bottle of Montepulciano wine and had a bit to take back to our hotel. Too full for desert, so you'll have to check other reviews for that. I'm getting hungry again! Ciao,

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We were referred to this restaurant by our hotel front desk personnel and for that we thank them !!! We walked and got greeted by the staff with a big smile. Great recommendation by the person who took our orders. When the order came in we knew that the person in one of the owners! Anthony, you are a great host and we thank you for a great hospitality, amazing food and wonderful atmosphere! We will come and visit your restaurant again! Ciao!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My local friend Tommaso who runs Hotel Davanzati took me there. He told me about their handmade linguine pasta with duck bacon. It is a bowl of handmade linguine pasta with strips of duck bacon on the bottom covered with steaming hand made linguine topped with shavings of Parmesan the size of matchbook covers along with thin truffle slices. It all melts together. We ate inside. A week later I went back by myself had the same thing but ate outside. Also ask and try their special liquore made from mint and laurel leaves.