“Best restaurant in Florence!!!”
Review of Osteria dell Olio

Osteria dell Olio
Ranked #899 of 2,930 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Reviewed November 25, 2013

A private tour guide recommended this restaurant. We had lunch and loved it so much, the next day we went back and brought our friends. Everything was fantastic!!! Seriously- best food and service we had in Florence. Most fun as well!! Tried several kinds of pasta, 2 soups, rack of lamb, and rissotto.
Manu- owner-was very gracious and extraordinarily wonderful host and Amedeo-waiter- was a ball-a bunch of fun! We felt like regulars!
If you go expect wonderful food and a locals restaurant (despite location).

1  Thank FoodieJen1

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Although the Via dell'oglio is located a few meters from the Batisterio, one of the main tourist attractions in Florence, few tourists actually walk along this small street. I was walking around, entered the street - more because the name might indicated the presence of a guild building - and noticed the restaurant there. I came back for dinner and had a great time, with a pasta-based primmo piatto followed by typical florentine brazed meat.

The service was attentive, the food arrived fast and tasted great, and I used the free wifi to connect. It ended up being a great choice.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The night was warm, so we went for seafood. My octopus starter was perfect, and so was my mixed grilled seafood. My husband enjoyed his seafood risotto, and we also got a perfect bottle of white wine. The bread they serve tasted the best in Florence. Lemon sorbet and chocolate surprise - just perfect. Loved every minute of the experience, not cheap at all but utterly delicious.
Staff - polite and unintrusive.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Osteria dell Olio was recommended to us by a leather dealer in town. From the minute we arrived the evening could not have been better. Amazing food, great people, so good in fact that we returned the following night! Thank you Manuel and Paola for a wonderful time!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We ate there in July 2012. My husband and I went to the restaurant right after our poor experience in Grand Hotel Baglioni. Taxi driver brought us there(I know it's close) and we haven't even make a reservation. Our waiter saw us very stressed and offered a cocktail on the house and some appetizers. We got very relaxed and the meal was delicious! Lemon souffle was incredible - one of the best I have ever had! We chatted with the waiter (unfortunately we don't remember his name) he recommended great wine and got very relaxed! I will definitely come back there when I will be in Florence!
Grazie!