“great simple food”
Review of La Martinicca

La Martinicca
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Martinicca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 2,705 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“great simple food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

wonderful veal, porcini mushrooms, pollo al vin santo
reasonably priced and great service
simple restaurant but a wonderful atmosphere

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Calgary, Canada
“Steak Florentine and Tiramisu”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Recommended by Hotel Alba Palace, this restaurant was quite simply one of the highlights of my trip to Florence. The staff and ambiance within the restaurant were superb and surpassed only by the quality of the food. I order a Steak Florentine (T-bone, 4.50euros/100g, 30euros total) with Tuscan style beans (~5euros) and 1/4L house red wine (3.50euros). For dessert I had the Tiramisu (~5euros). This meal would have been a bargain at twice the price. The steak was one of the best I've had and living in Alberta, Canada I've had my fair share of beef. The beans were recommended by my server to go with the steak in Tuscan tradition, I was a bit apprehensive about getting them but they proved to be delicious. The house wine was cheap and paired perfectly with the steak. I had heard the Tiramisu was one of the highlights of La Martinicca and despite being absolutely stuff from my steak and beans I couldn't stop eating it! My total bill ran to ~50euros which I was happy to pay.

For anyone looking for an authentic Florence restaurant experience, La Martinicca is your place!

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel staff. The food was very good and the service was great. The price was reasonable.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MM_from_MA
Melbourne
“Good value family run restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We went this little restaurant on two successive nights because we loved it so much the first time. However we now realised it was primarily the waitress that looked after us the first night that made that evening so memorable.
The waitress clearly explained the menu and the met our expectations. We shared the zucchini salad and then had a pasta each. Both were really good. We also had a lovely chat with people on our neighbouring tables.
The next night it was clear they were understaffed and under pressure. Gone was the waitress and casual friendliness, replaced by almost bossy efficiency. The food was still good as it was the same kitchen staff. They came out several times each night to chase up orders and wave to the customers. We also had great chats with other dinners. However the ambience wasn't the same.
So, for a nice night out with good, honest family style food - this is a safe option.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AussieJulesW
Oporto,Portugal
“Dinner at La Martinicca”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went dinner on Martinicca suggested by front desk of Albani Hotel. We found table without having a reservation, which was nice.
We were fed up with italian food, and found here nice suggestions away from pizzas and pastas. What we ate was really tasty, the only minus is the price... Prepare to spend at least 25€/ person! But I still recommend it! Nice place!

• Visited July 2013