“If you are looking for quality art and you are visiting Florence, iguarnieri must be on your list”

Art Gallery Studio Iguarnieri
Ranked #95 of 631 things to do in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Iguarnieri make contemporary art in Florence, working as the old masters, what means: "at the traditional studio". My brother and I with others artist and collaborators make paintings with antique and modern techniques, for the art lovers as us that love Italian art and beauty. The history, the culture, the experience from the past and our loves, Giotto's Bottega, Botticelli's damsels, Modigliani's nudes, Picasso's Portraits, Andy Warhol and The Factory, the Turner's atmosphere, becoming contemporary art.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed in a smaller boutique hotel in Florence, Hotel Regency. On arrival there was an exhibition of fresco paintings lining the courtyard. These were by Roberto Iguarnieri and his brother. We loved his work which is a modern take on the traditional fresco, and they are dramatic, substantial works of art. And not touristy. We met Roberto who on the 2nd evening which was a pleasure. As we are from Australia, the idea of buying one of his paintings seemed out of the question, due to their size, the cost of shipping, and the exchange rate. When we said this to Roberto he said that you may be surprised. An example price on one of the artworks that we were falling in love with was surprisingly more affordable than a lot of art we had seen and we became interested enough to visit one of his 2 studios in Florence. He showed us a number of works. But we settled on one of the paintings. Roberto arranged framing, boxing up, shipping... everything, and the cost of doing all of this was extremely reasonable. We now have the painting we love hanging in our home as a reminder of our trip to Florence. We are so glad we met Roberto.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Graham D
iguarnieri, Owner at Art Gallery Studio Iguarnieri, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
I'm writing to you from Florence, and I hope you and your family are good.
Us Iguarnieri have a new website that we'd like you to visit.
On this website you can find most of our artworks (paintings and sculptures).
Each one has its title, description, measure, size and price.

Free shipping!!! No charge for the shipping.

Ninety Six
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Place to buy your piece of art memory”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We met Roberto after touring the Uffizi and admiring the frescos - our tour guide (off duty) took us to Studio iguarnieri and we immediatly fell in love with the art and Roberto. We purchased a beautiful painting that reminds us of the wonderful trip that we took. The transaction of purchasing and shipping the piece was easy and our large painting arrived safe and sound after just 2 weeks. You must go and visit and plan to buy!!!

4 Thank bellhouseNinetySix
I'm writing to you from Florence, and I hope you and your family are good.
Us Iguarnieri have a new website that we'd like you to visit.
On this website you can find most of our artworks (paintings and sculptures).
Each one has its title, description, measure, size and price.

Free shipping!!! No charge for the shipping.
Galway, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Incorporating the old, but with a modern flair....”
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I was studying art in Florence over the summer, like most visitors to this beautiful city I was enthralled by its shear beauty and artistic heritage. I had lots of time to visit museums and galleries to absorb this artistic legacy. What occurred to me that quite a number of its current artists very much cling to this artistic legacy and unlike other European art mecca's haven't really evolved artistically in recent decades. Preferring to embrace its admittedly rich past but choosing to ignore the present. The 'iguarnieri' brothers were a delightful exception, incorporating the old skills of fresco, but managing to transform this old skill of Florence's golden period into a truly modern viewpoint. On my numerous visits to the gallery they were warm and rich in their encouragement of my own artistic endeavours. My visits to their studio and gallery were some of the most enriching experiences of my summer in Florence.

1 Thank Dasium
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“GREAT GUYS- GREAT ART!!!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We first met the Guarnieris in their studio in August of 2009.
They are great to work with and have a passion for their art, which is very unique.
Six of their paintings now adorn our home in NY and are a great addition for us.

We highly recommend visiting their studio to anyone who has an appreciation
for fine art.