“Awful - if I could give less than one star I would.”
Review of Ristorante La Lampara - CLOSED

Ristorante La Lampara
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Description: The Lampara is a historic restaurant in Florence, the Baglioni family manages these activities since 1954. The restaurant serves typical florentine and Tuscan food. Our chefs they are born in Tuscany and prepare the dishes using old and typical recipes. In our restaurant are used only materials of highest quality. La Lampara in famous: for meat cooked on the charcoal grill, for the true florentine beef steak, for homemade fresch pasta, for the pizza cooked in originaly wood oven. Also the desserts are homemade. Come to eat real tuscan food!
Australia
“Awful - if I could give less than one star I would.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was by far the WORST food we had in our three week trip to Italy (disappointing, because the best food we had was also in Florence!).

We were crammed up against the bamboo wall next to the road with not enough room to move our chairs to get up, when we went to leave the people at the next table had to get up just so we could get away from our table.

The waitress seemed totally disinterested in us and was totally unfriendly.

The food was HORRIBLE - I ordered a lasagna with mixed salad, far from a difficult meal. My lasagna was tiny and cold in the middle, and the "salad" was a couple of pieces of lettuce and some TINNED CARROTS. I wouldnt feed that junk to my dog.

After we left here we went to McDonalds around the corner, partly because we were still hungry and partly just to get the taste out of our mouths. It's not often I'd tell people to stay away from a restaurant, but there is NO way I'd let anyone I know eat here.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MrsT12_Aus

• Korean first
  • Polish first
North West England, United Kingdom
“Lovely venue, excellent food.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant, looked in and thought it looked good. We weren’t disappointed, the staff were friendly with a good sense of humour and the food was excellent and all in a great atmosphere. A starter, main course and two drinks each cost us 45 euros, bargain! Just be aware that there are two menus on the windows outside, one is clearly marked ‘takeaway’, the other is not, it caught some people out.

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Atmosphere, Value and Good Food - We Would Return”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was by far our most enjoyable dinner in Florence. Atmosphere felt local, the food was terrific. I would get the chop next time as my wife was eyeing the bone. Fun for the family. Best of all was the price. We had this place recommended by a concierge, and could not find it the first day. We wish we had. I am recommending it to my friends on their visits. Close to the train station at the start or end of a day of travelling, close to the leather market.

• Visited June 2012