“Generous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Osteria delle Tre Panche
Ranked #149 of 2,660 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Generous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Wife and I love osterias, simply because they feel more authentic.
Tre Panche is small, very small but the value was fantastic.

make sure you order truffles there, they are very generous with their portions. My wife could not even see her main because it was covered in it!

One of my all time favorite Osteria's in Florence.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Michael Z

Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

While visiting Italy for a 3 week honeymoon, my husband and I dined at Tre Panche on the recommendation of a friend. While we are used to fine dining, we were hoping to absorb some of the local flavors and customs of Florence "off the beaten track", so to speak. We were not dissappointed! I have visited Europe on many occasions and find the close quarters dining to be typical of most local establishments. We found the three "benches" to be unique and charming in its own way although not particularly comfortable.The food, however, was worth the trip to Italy alone! I admit I am a foodie, but in all honesty, I found the pricing to be VERY reasonable for the quality and taste of the food. Our waiter explained that the restaurant's specialties were dishes prepared with fresh truffles....enough said....I ordered the four cheese ravioli with truffles; it was truly the best pasta dish I have ever had. My husband ordered the veal with truffles and is now well on his way to becoming a foodie as well.The warm cheesecake is not to be missed with its unique texture and delicate flavor. We were so impressed with the food that we wanted to visit again the next night, but alas, Tre Panche is closed on Sundays.
The service was friendly, attentive and accommodating of our needs and limitations as tourists not speaking the native language.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank sunny2day61
New Orleans
“Great food in close quarters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Tre Panche is off the beaten path, which I believe is a good thing. Excellent food particularly if you love truffles, the aroma fills this tiny restaurant as soon as you enter. Very tight seating (they had our reservation for 4 down as 2, but they squeezed us in). Other reviewers note that it's expensive and maybe I don't have enough comparables, but prices seemed reasonable for the excellent quality of the food served. This is a one-service person setup, so plan on going and being patient, sip some wine and absorb the atmosphere of a real italian restaurant filled with locals. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Food is fabulous but prepare yourself....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

The translation of the name of the restaurant (I'm told) is "Restaurant of the 3 benches" --- and as a result, you will immediately note upon walking in that there are three large "picnic tables" and you sit next to each diner as if you are at a picnic. Since we arrived last at our "bench" (which each holds about 10 diners) and there was only space in the middle of the bench and no one already seated wanted to scoot all the way out and then slide all the way back again, I had to contort my way in without accidentally kicking anyone, which wasn't easy (and fortunately I'm small and lithe). Having said that, the food was WONDERFUL. I had a fantastic salad with chicken and goat cheese (?) and a 4-cheese ravioli with truffles that still makes my mouth water two weeks later. My husband had meatballs which he said were good, but didn't come with any pasta like he expected. (Of course, he was still pouting because he didn't like the picnic table set-up....)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pianolady609
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had dinner in this restaurant the atmosphere and service was outstanding. We would recommend the truffle risotto as it was amazing with generous shavings of local truffle. The wine selection was excellent and well priced. The experience was compounded by the attentive staff including vieri. It is a cash only restaurant so ensure you have euros to hand.

2 Thank RoseRochford