“One of my faves in Florence”

Osteria delle Tre Panche
Ranked #175 of 2,823 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Florence is like a second home for me. I have lived there, studied there, worked there and vacationed there and I could say, without hesitation, that Osteria delle tre panche is quite possibly my favorite restaurant in the city.

I'm sure you've read by now about the famous truffle pasta which is indeed, decadent, rich and so good that I am drooling onto my keypad as I write this. If you come here and don't order this dish, it would be one of your biggest mistakes of the trip (life).

Aside from the famous pasta, just about everything is delicious because it's ALL home made by the husband wife trio who serve as the owners, chefs, waiters and entertainment. Also, if you like cheesecake (I love it) their version is also one of the best I've had - it's hard to resist as you smell the aroma as soon as you walk in. I also always seem to order the lemon chicken which is a rich sauce but it's so addicting-ly good that it's hard to resist.

It's a guarantee that you will leave this two man show a changed person. Just don't forget to make a reservation...Tre Panche means 3 Benches and it's meaning is quite literal...there are only 3 tables to eat at and reservations book up quickly.

3  Thank Jonathan L

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and myself ate here during our recent stay in Florence.

The food was excellent I had the special which was a Truffle pasta and it was brilliant. My wife also loved her food.

The restaurant is small but has a brilliant ambience about it.

Next time I am in Florence I will return.

2  Thank true_jock
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The restaurant is not exactly located in the most beautiful and exciting part of the city but it is worth the detour. The «3 panche» -literally the 3 benches- are there, there are actually 3 long tables with benches on each side. So, don't expect to be able to put you (shopping)bag next to you, nor you coat- there is no space for! That said, you are never bothered by your neighbours and you can enjoy a perfect conversation and meal with your friends.
The main attraction on the menu is the tartuffo and I had exquisite ravioli filled with cheese with tartuffo on top. But I also had one of the best chicken with lemon sauce I ever tasted. Dessert? divine....

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here, I had the ravioli with truffles and we shared a nice house red wine, at our waiters recommendation. We also we started with a fois gras appetizer (but it was chicken not goose) and a porcini mushroom salad. For the main course we shared the meatballs, which were simle but tasty. Everything was very good. The truffles are strong and that dish was quite rich, so be warned. Very nice meal!!!

2  Thank Denise P
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Came to dinner here on Saturday with the memory of my excellent dinner on Thursday earlier at the 2-Michelin star L'Olivo (Capri Palace Hotel) still fresh. Glad to write that Tre Panche stood its ground with its robust and sincere cooking, and a cosy and warm ambience.

Started with the chianti flavored chicken liver pate. Got ambitious (or greedy?) and ordered 2 truffle-based mains: the ravioli and the veal milanese. Ended with the absolutely delicious cheese cake.Total bill including a prosecco was 75 euros.Agree with other reviewers that this is not cheap. But when I viewed it in the context that the Tre Panche meal still managed to leave an impression when compared to a 2 Michelin star (and priced) meal, then conclusion is that Tre Panche is value for money.

1  Thank Odyssesian