“If you like gelato”

Gelateria della Passera
Ranked #13 of 210 Dessert in Florence
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Pitti
Description: A stone's throw from the Ponte Vecchio, this gelateria opened up 1 month ago serves the perfect mint ice cream. The fior de panna (cream) and fresh mint leaves is nothing like your standard neon green industrial strength flavored mint ice creams. We went back (and again) to taste this hand crafted sublime delight.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you like gelato-- and I prefer French ice cream--- this is the best place to go! Only a few flavors, but each one hand made. The very best coffee flavor and the 7 spice flavor is quite unique….The hand made gelato is so much better than the machine made fluffy stuff you will find in most gelaterias. Definitely worth seeking out!

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We happened to stay on the same block as this Gelateria. We have sampled a lot of gelato with our two kids. This,is hands down the best we have had. They have unusual flavors and the taste and texture is perfection. I loved the menta absolutely sublime. My kids loved the chocolate and husband loved the pistachio and hazelnut. I sampled almost all the flavors and the one with rose was by far the most unusual but still delicious. It is a euro a scoop and a little off the main streets but worth it! Charming square to sit in and enjoy!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I spent 6 weeks living in Florence in 2008 and returned this summer for a 2 week trip. Trying at least one gelateria a day (usually 2) is a must. Passera was the best we found, and we went 2 or 3 times during our 4 nights in Florence. Service was very friendly each time we went, and they indulged our desire to try several flavors before deciding. The gelato was of the natural, not rainbow color, variety and they had a whole host of unique flavors that I loved including a Five Spice flavor and one that combined Earl Grey tea, honey, cardamom, and more in an amazingly rich combination. They did the classics such as strawberry, pistachio, and chocolate just as well. It is out of the way of typical tourist locations, which I think is a very good thing, and eating gelato in the lovely local square that the store sits in is well worth the trip. Enjoy a taste of authentic Italian life there. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We've had quite a few gelato tastings during our European adventure, but today's trip to Gelateria della Passera was the best so far! Try the Mona Lisa - I had it with nougat, my husband had it with the pistachio (he declared it to be the best he's had, and he's had a lot!). For the grand sum of €4 we wandered the streets and lanes enjoying every spoonful, and understood why there was a little queue at the Gelateria! I'm glad we popped a tip into the jar on the counter, it was such a treat!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The quality of the gelato here was absolutely amazing. We tried it once - then had to come back before we left. It's just off the main strip south of the Arno.

The gelato is creamy but firm, with pretty much a perfect consistency. Being a bit of a chocaholic, I was a little disappointed to realize they had a single chocolate flavour - but after tasting it, I realized they only needed one. It is _spectacular_. Combined on a double cone with the vanilla, it is a killer combination.

Sorbets were good, too, but the gelato was better.

Value was amazing as well - one of the cheapest gelato shops we found in Firenze, and by far the best. When I come back to Florence, this will be my first stop.