“A very pleasant day out.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Under The Tuscan Sun Tours

Under The Tuscan Sun Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: FULLY LICENSED PROFESSIONAL GUIDES & DRIVERS since 1980-The Association Under The Tuscan Sun is composed of Tourist Guides & English Speaking Drivers certified by the Region of Tuscany since 1980, and has been operating in Florence as well as in cities of art all over Tuscany for over ten years. Its offices are situated in Florence. Since 1980 we offers: FLORENCE TOUR• In and around Florence by car• Walking tour in Florence MIDDLE TUSCANY• The "CHIANTI" country (wine,food,vineyards,olive trees,medieval villages)• Siena and San Gimignano NORTHERN TUSCANY• Pisa and Lucca• The "Versilia" coast and the withe marble quarries of Carrara MOREOVER:• The Cinque Terre and the eastern Riviera SOUTHERN TUSCANY• Arezzo and Cortona• The "val d' Orcia": Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino• The southern Siena: Montalcino and the "Brunello wine country"• The west coast: the "Maremma" country and the Romans and Etruscans ruins MOREOVER:• ASSISI, THE CITY OF SAN FRANCESCO - CRUISE SERVICE from the main ports such LIVORNO, LA SPEZIA, SAVONA, GENOA, CIVITAVECCHIA, NAPLES, SICILY.."Giving you the most every day in every way"
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A very pleasant day out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I booked this tour for my husbands birthday, we took the chianti wine tour. We were collected from our accomodation promptly, and our guide Andrea was helpful and informative.The tour met our needs, wine tasting and a very nice lunch, plus a visit to san gimigano.I thought it represented good value for money, compared to other providers, it was a bonus not having to drive to a pick up point.I would recommend, we had a lovley day.

Visited April 2013

Miramar, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Rude on the phone”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Unfortunately... I have to agree with the previous reviewer. Exchanged several emails back and forth with Sofia and it was all nice and fine. Before confirming the trip she asked me to call them on the phone and have a re-cap of the itinerary, which I did and a VERY RUDE guy called Andrea answer.. He had the nerves to tell me that I was wasting his time by calling on the phone. By the way i speak perfect Italian, so is not that we misunderstood each others... this guy seriously told me that he was too busy and could not spend time answering my questions. This is our first trip to Italy and want to make sure I have all my bases covered. If these people are "too busy" to take your call, what should we expect the day we go to their tour?. Why would they even want me to call them if they are going to answer like that.?.. So I am very glad this has happened, because now i am not touring with them anymore..

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Max B
UnderTheTuscanSunT, Direttore at Under The Tuscan Sun Tours, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Good evening to all readers of Tripadvisor and our customers or potential customers. Unfortunately, we acknowledge that this world is changing fast, too fast and not for the better. The "person" who wrote this review I'd love to meet you personally and look into her eyes. This "person" has called us 2 times always in the afternoon. Both times I've put this "person" on the phone apologizing for not being able to spend too much time because we was busy, on tour with our clients, Americans and Australians. I only remember two things: our phone that is on the home page is dedicated to emergencies and last minute bookings. The call made ​​by this "person" was neither an emergency nor a last minute! I am the director of my agency, family man and in tourism since 1987. I'm not a rude person, rather they are very kind. The first time I responded to this "person", I kindly invited to call after 6pm because I was on tour. He used tones rude and vulgar, not me. The second time he called again in the early afternoon (so he do not care if I was at work or not). The second time I answered I ask to him to recall me after 3 hours. He hung up on me pronounce offenses. I repeat: I'd love to meet this "person" to tell him that is a great rude. I hope they call me back to schedule an appointment with me since it's just a coward and a liar.

Sincerely
Mr. Dott. Andrea Celletti
Owner
UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN TOURS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very rude and unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Was quoted one price then Sofia changed price on us after already confirming one price when we emailed her to cancel she became rude and vulgar! How unprofessional of her. Do not use! I would not trust them!

Visited April 2013
4 Thank EC7900
Good evening to all readers of Tripadvisor and our customers or potential customers. Unfortunately, we acknowledge that this world is changing fast, too fast and not for the better. The person who wrote this review I'd love to meet you personally and look into her eyes. This person has confirmed 3 tours departing from Serravalle. She replied: YES! We asked for confirmation if Serravalle meant that the city is located between Florence and Montecatini. We stuck his dates and refrained other tours, losing customers and money! The 3 tour that we were confirmed for Venice, Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, Chianti and Rome. We asked this person to confirm that the pic-up would have been in Serravalle (which is a small town between Florence and Montecatini). The prices of the tours are mainly calculated based on the distances in kilometers that the driver has to go. We have made great prices to this person who asked us also discounts! Please take note: we have all the prices displayed on our website so you do not accept our prices do not write. Just a few days before this "lady" wrote to us that he was not in Serravalle city but in a small farmhouse in Chianti as "Serravalle". We have been so kind and helpful to confirm the same prices for 2 tours of 3 (despite the distances have changed now). We explained that we could not keep the same price to go to Venice because the distance was much larger.

This lady has deleted all 3 tours with an email full of insults.
Congratulations on education and fairness. In addition offends us publicly on Tripadvisor causing us to lose positions on the leaderboard!
We have no words!

I am the director of my agency, family man and in tourism since 1987. I'm not a rude person, rather they are very kind. The first time I responded to this person, I kindly invited to call after 6pm because I was on tour. He used tones rude and vulgar, not me. The second time he called again in the afternoon (so you do not care if I was at work or not). The second time I answered the call after 3 hours to confirm his tour. He hung up on me pronounce offenses. I repeat: I'd love to meet this person to tell him that is a great rude. I hope they call me back to schedule an appointment with me since it's just a coward and a liar. sincerely
Florence, Italy
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Day Under A "Shy " Sun in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just spent a terrific day with Andrea. The day was cool and windy but Andrea kept us entertained with background of all the places we went as well as Italian cultures. He was knowledgeable and easy to talk to and understandable. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would book with him again. Thank you, Andrea!

Visited March 2013
Finlayson, Minnesota, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“One of the top highlights of our trp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was fortunate to book this tour just 2 weeks before leaving to visit Rome & Florence (the nice thing about travel in the slow season). We would have missed the beauty of Tuscany otherwise. As you've read in other reviews, Andrea is a superb guide! He provided a good historical & cultural context to the towns we visited, didn't rush us but gently gave a timeline so that we'd get to our other tour stops. This was a full day, 8 hr. tour that included lunch & wine-tasting. Be prepared to also order since there's a form at each table-setting....no, you don't have to but it's very good wine. My one complaint would be that I understood the tickets to the Academia for David was included (as stated on one part of the website), but we had to pay when we got there. I asked Sofia to correct that for future clients. Top notch company , prompt & professional.

Visited March 2013