“Perfect Tour”

Wine tours from Florence, 4 wineries visit
Ranked #3 of 149 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wine tours in Tuscany fun, but also educational, in small groups with a maximum of 8 people. The tuscany wine tours depart daily from Florence with a minimum of two people and you can choose among Chianti and Super Tuscan wine tour from Florence, Brunello wine tour and Chianti and Castle wine tour from Florence and Siena. All the tuscan wine tours are guided by wine professionals sommeliers and food expert tour guides. We will take you to our best wineries and to our best restaurants, selected after many years of tuscan wine tours and thanks to special access. Tuscan wine tours with angie is a trademark of Tuscany tour time, tour operator.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I looked all over the internet for a Chianti Classico tour and while I signed up with another group, I was not satisfied with what they had to offer. I kept looking and eventually came across Angie's tours. The tour that Angie set up for us could not have been more perfect. The two different wineries we visited were so hospitable and allowed us to feel at home. Our tour guide, Francesca, was so informative. She helped my wife and I truly understand what goes into producing top level Chianti, as well as how to taste and truly appreciate what I consider the world's best wine. We went in novices, and ended up leaving with such a great understanding of everything that goes into producing the wines (including the government red tape).

The lunch we had was so authentic, you could just imagine the way the small town was 50 years ago, in the same setting, with the same food. We loved the wineries so much, I went over any limits I had, as far as buying product. At the first winery, we bought 12 bottles of 2 different Chianti's and had them shipped home. At the second, which also was an Olive Oil producing winery, we learned about making the oil, and besides tasting more wine (which we bought more bottles), we even got to taste the freshest, most delicious Olive Oil I've ever had. They had just produced it in the few days before we got there. So we just had to buy some. Besides the oils and wines at the second winery, just being able to have such fresh cheeses, breads, and my favorite, dark chocolate with the owner Marco was fantastic. I think he had almost as much fun as us!

Thank you Angie and Francesca for helping us have such an amazing time on our trip! Even with all the other things to see and experience in Italy, this Chianti Classico tour we went on ended up being at the very top of our trip. I cannot say enough great things about it.....Ciao!!!!

1  Thank Glen L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)
All reviews
"beautiful scenery"
in 18 reviews
"wonderful guide"
in 19 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I booked the wine and castle tour in October with Angie and this was by far our favorite part of our trip to Florence. We went to two of the most beautiful castles that had wineries! We learned a great deal about the production of the wines and how to distinguish between the types of Chianti's! The drive through Tuscany was breathtaking! Also she is not shy about sampling which we loved!! We sampled 4 at each vineyard as well as some Olive oil! We also had an amazing lunch with great food and more wine! We have other friends going to Florence soon and this is a definite on their itinerary!! Love love love Angie and her tour!!

2  Thank Summer W
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We enjoyed a private wine tour to taste Brunello di Montalcino with Tuscan Wine Tours. It was easy to book with Angie and my wife and I were so pleased with Francesca. She was very knowledgeable and explained Italian wine and tasting from start to finish getting as detailed as you would like. I will definitely request another tour with her next time we visit Tuscany. Additionally, we decided on the private tour as we were traveling with a two year old and Angie, Francesca, and the winemakers were very accommodating---Angie said no problem, Francesca arrived with a perfect infant carseat in the tour van, and the winemakers progressed at a speed suitable for a family with the distractions of an infant. Special needs? Just ask, they were wonderful with us.

1  Thank BigTraveller29
Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a great tour and guide. Fun people, great wines!!! I had a ton of fun learned a lot and Tuscany is beautiful!

1  Thank David M
See more reviews
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My mom and I went on the Chianti Wines and Castles Tour the beginining of September and it was great. There were only 6 of us on the tour, which was great. We went to two wineries (one large and one small) and had an amazing lunch at a small restaurant in Tuscany. The lunch was one of the best meals we had during our trip to Italy. Our guide, Francesca, was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. We had a great time and learned a lot about wine and the area. This was definetly one of the highlights of our trip and would recommend anyone who is looking for a wine tour to use this company.