“Wonderful Wine Tour!”

Tuscan Wine Tours with Angie
Ranked #3 of 149 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wine tours in Tuscany fun, but also educational, in small groups with a maximum of 8 people. The tuscany wine tours depart daily from Florence with a minimum of two people and you can choose among Chianti and Super Tuscan wine tour from Florence, Brunello wine tour and Chianti and Castle wine tour from Florence and Siena. All the tuscan wine tours are guided by wine professionals sommeliers and food expert tour guides. We will take you to our best wineries and to our best restaurants, selected after many years of tuscan wine tours and thanks to special access. Tuscan wine tours with angie is a trademark of Tuscany tour time, tour operator.
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent a wonderful day in Tuscany with Francesca from Tuscan Wine Tours. The trip was a day long, packed with information, beautiful sites, and wonderful wine. Francesca was very informative and gave us a great overview on not only the region and wines, but also olives, olive oil, and their production in Italy. We visited two wineries, both were fantastic, and had lunch in a little village in the hills of Tuscany that was delicious. We toured the small town after lunch and took some wonderful pictures. We spent 10 days in Italy, and I must say, this was my favorite day of all of them. I would highly recommend this tour and would definitely go again the next time we are in the area. Thank you!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Francesca was an incredible hostess/guide. She's well versed on the topic of Wine Making and speaks excellent English. On the drive to our first winery she provided an overview of the laws that govern wine making in the Chianti Region and the various types of grapes/wines grown in Italy. We loved the drive in the country side of Tuscany (it felt like we were in a painting), our lunch in a beautiful quaint town and the two wineries we visited. I highly recommend Tuscan Wine Tours with Angie. I want to go back. :)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent a wonderful day with Francesca from Tuscan Wine Tours with Angie. She knows the backyard of the area and the vintners. The wines were supurb and her knowledge made the day very special. We had another friend with us and Francesca and it felt like our our special day in heaven. All the wineries were fabulous, lunch in Greve was very tasty.. We had a special stop at a friend of hers, Riccardo Casamonti at Poggione that was magical. We stayed at Castello de Nero which was down the street from Riccardo's place. I highly recommend the tour, the day, Fancesca, all the wineries and Castello de Nero. It made Tuscany one of may favorite places in all of the world.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This day long trip was certainly a highlight of our trip 10 day trip to Italy.
We ended up with a private tour, since the other couple scheduled could not make it. This really gave a wonderful opportunity to speak with our guide, I believe it was Francesca. She was so knowledgeable and spoke several languages. We set off from Piazza Michelangelo, where we had a chance to overlook the beautiful city and see one of the many David replica statues in town. We went to two different wineries, at least one of which also produced olive oil. As a bonus, we had our first ever olive oil sampling. I believe we tasted three wines at each winery and another for lunch. This winery also was an agri-tourism lodging. Beautiful grounds which I believe are several hundred years old.
We made a few stops during the day. We saw a couple little towns, one being an old castle/fort which was really impressive. I think it was Panzano. People still live in these historic fortresses. Our guide educated us about the history of the region and the economic importance of the wine and grapes throughout the centuries. She explained how the vineyards made the land so valuable that many battles were fought over the land, thus making these fortresses necessary for protection.
We stopped for lunch in a little charming town. It was delicious and quaint.
As far as the reservations, we booked the tour on very short notice. I believe we arrived in Florence on Sunday. I did not think about many tour offices being closed. Angie returned our call right away and we were scheduled for the next morning. Although it is scheduled as a group tour, we were so fortunate that the only other couple that was scheduled, actually did not show up.
I would absolutely highly recommend this tour. I don't think I would have the appreciation of the Chianti/Tuscany region without or day with our guide (Francesca?). It was a wonderful experience, and not just for the wine.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was our favorite day from our honeymoon. Franchesca, a master sommelier and our guide for the day, was extremely knowledgeable about all things wine and Tuscan. We went to a very small production winery in the morning for a tasting of their three wines - one traditional Chianti, an IGT "Super Tuscan" reserve, and a wine than was similar to a Port in alcohol content and a Moscato in taste. We then headed to the small town of Greve where we enjoyed a traditional Tuscan lunch. Platters of Pecorino and Parmesan cheese, grapes, calabrese, head cheese, cappocola, various crostini of sauteed kale and bruschetta were served as the antipasti. For the main, a variety of pastas were offered but I settled on the papperdelle with wild boar ragu and my wife had the chestnut raviolos. I believe there were also about four bottles of Chianti Classico served as well for the six of us. The winery visited in the afternoon was larger (still very small relative to most operations) and we sampled five wines ranging in varietal and age. There was also a community olive press on site where locals would bring their olives for making olive oil. As it was olive harvest season during our time there, we sampled fresh olive oil made that day.

Overall, our favorite day from our entire two week trip to Rome, Florence and Paris. The beauty of Tuscany cannot be done justice by pictures. Angie and her staff were extremely nice, knowledgeable, and the wineries and restaurant selected were great. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this tour. Cheers!

1  Thank Griffin L