“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vivanda

Vivanda
Reserve with
Vivanda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #354 of 2,680 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Description: Organic restaurant in Florence, in the District of San Frediano, between organic and natural wines, Slow Food Presidia and good jazz music. Organic wines, seasonal vegetables, fresh pasta and PGI oil of our production. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free. Cheese and salami of exceptional quality from animals raised on pasture free.
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Best meal we had in florence! Helpful and friendly staff. The food and wine were excellent and unique. The atmosphere was comfortable and modern. It was a very enjoyable evening,

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent ages looking for this wine bar as it had been recommended in a few articles I had read. We thought it was going to be a really nice wine tasting experience. A lovely selection of organic wines coupled with organic, fresh food.

I had seen photos of the wine dispensers on the website and read that you could pay for samples of wine in a self serve way. We had done this before in several places and really enjoyed it.

We arrived there at 4pm to find it was closed. I guess we should probably blame ourselves for not doing our research. Can't really blame the place for that.

So we emailed them for an evening reservation and they responded pretty quickly to confirm it.

When we went back there that evening we found the place was pretty attractive inside and had a modern and fresh look. So far, so good.

However, when we asked to taste some wines, we were told that wine tasting is only during the day! And that there were basically two types of red wine and that was it. To be fair, she did let us try both of them, but they were both pretty bland and thin. We actually left the wine because we couldn't be bothered to drink it.

Hardly what I would call a wine tasting experience.

The food choices were not that varied. And, as I don't eat cheese there wasn't much I could eat. We both had pasta and they were both alright. Not amazing, just alright.

The place was half empty and I could see why. It could have been really good but It really wasn't what I hoped it would be. I really wouldn't recommend people came here. Especially since Adam has had a really poorly tummy ever since. It might not have been the restaurant, but given that we ate the same for every other meal that day, and this was the only different meal we had, it seems to indicate it was here.

1 Thank Pinotnoirgirl
Seattle, Washington
“Charming restaurant & Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited Vivanda Gastronomia while staying in Florence and loved our experience here! The food was absolutely fantastic! We were very impressed that all of the food is grown from the family farm and that the pasta is made at a neighboring business! The wine is even produced by the restaurant! Everything was delicious especially the eggplant appetizers and the baked brie cheese! The pasta was fresh and light and the salads divine! I wish I could take chef Mel home with me to cook all my meals!! The atmosphere is very cozy and intimate. It is the perfect setting for a romantic date night! Thank you for the wonderful experience we hope to return on future trips to Florence!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sarah Z
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Excellent home made pasta and good wine in a small restaurant near piazza santo spirito.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We found this great place whilst wandering the streets near piazza santo spirito. A friendly welcome from the owner and the food was lovely (pasta made on the premises). A good choice of wines and good service. Well worth the visit.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Scott5752
Dublin, Ireland
“Cold atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was really looking forward to this, and talked it up to my friend, having read all the positive reviews of the place. When I arrived it was smaller than I expected, which wasn't a problem. However despite the intimate feel of the place, we were left awkwardly standing in the doorway, waiting to be seated. The prices aren't on the cheap side, but considering it was organic we were willing to treat ourselves. We were seated at a table for 2 near the window, it was cold and draughty so we kept our coats on. You can order different 'plates' for your table, but the plates that arrived dwarfed the table, so it took a noisy amount of moving the bits and pieces on the table around before we could comfortably eat. My zuppa al faro wasn't anything special, but the buffalo mozzarella was a delight, shame about the sad looking bit of wilted greenery thrown on the top. I probably wouldn't recommend this to friends on a visit to the city. The atmosphere was almost unfriendly and the loud American girl at the table behind us certainly sucked whatever atmosphere there was out of the place (though this isn't the fault of the restaurant, just a gripe, though possibly some music might help lift the gloom). It has potential, if it could work on its spirit and flavours first.

• Visited March 2013