“Gourmet experience”

La Bottega del Buon Caffe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At La Bottega del Buon Caffe we have been producing seasonal authentic Florentine dishes for years. Yet, the summer of 2014 marks the start of a new era as the Buon Caffe team launch a selection of exciting new organic and gourmet concepts. In collaboration with the restaurant's new owners, Claus and Jeanette Thottrup, Buon Caffe's head chef, Antonello Sardi, has successfully developed fresh and innovative gourmet menus which are now available both at lunch and dinner. With the emphasis on natural locally sourced ingredients, Buon Caffe offers authentic Tuscan food that creatively combines the best of classic and contemporary cuisine. Authenticity and honesty is at the heart of all we create at Buon Caffe and our menus are created individually according to the season. Today's catch of fresh fish is delivered from the Mediterranean daily, free-range meats are supplied by local artisan farmers and our vegetables, fruit, herbs and honey are bought from our farm in the country. Respecting our Florentine location our menus are designed to reflect the region's unique gastronomic heritage and vibrant culinary culture.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We chose this off the beaten track restaurant for a 60th birthday celebration and weren't disappointed. We were warmly welcomed by the friendly staff and chose the six course tasting menu with wines to match. The food was simply excellent, the wines expertly chosen and the atmosphere of the restaurant relaxing and unpretentious. A real find.

1  Thank KFM114

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I went here with our family in florence, they are friends with the owner/cook. I have lived in Italy and have been to many restaurants in florence, the best, the worst etc. The meal I ate here was hands down the best meal of my life. The restaurant looks like a cafe (and once was given the name) but dont be fooled. No snooty waiters here. This is a family run establishment by people who truly love good food and want you to love it too. We had a tasting menu, I cant even list off what I ate but it was gourmet, exceptionally delicious (without the longing for more feeling you get with small gourmet plates) and a treat for any foodie who appreciates quality cuisine. This is someone who truly loves the art of fine food, slow food, mixing old and new. You wont find uber traditional italian dishes here, but you will try new dishes you've never heard and find yourself in culinary heaven.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This is an absolutely charming place with an extremely talented chef and most helpful staff. Two types of food allergies in our party were met with smiles and a custom tailored tasting menu, with no hesitation.

Incredibly delicious food, comfortable and lovely design, welcoming environment. One of the best meals we've had, anywhere.

Grazie!

1  Thank Christagal
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Myself, my wife and two adult daughters just returned from Florence. I believe Florence has some of the best food in the world. We were looking for a special meal on our last night and several weeks prior I made reservations at La Bottega del Buon. We had the 6-course Chef's Tasting Menu. Everything was amazing. The service was incredible and the food was some of the best I ever had. If you are looking for a great meal outside the city center, I would highly recommend this gem. The wine list is expansive and the food is not cheap, but well worth the cost.

1  Thank KMPMD
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner at this little gem recently. It was most definitely the best food we have eaten in Florence and anywhere else in the World for some time.

The restaurant by day serves the locals normal Italian cuisine and by night transforms into a boutique gastronomical experience. The menu provides you with the option of a la carte or degustation - we recommend the degustation!

The Prosecco starter followed by food which exceeded our expectations. The service was fantastic - simple fun and lively. The wine list is extensive and not over priced for what is on offer. The food was divine and left us wanting more. The portions were the right size, came out hot and fresh and we weren't rushed between courses.

We have read the other reviews and believe that people need to accept that when you are going to dine in such a boutique restaurant that from time to time, some people aren't going to be happy with what they get for their money. I say, this gem gives Australia's Tetsuya's and Matt Moran's Aria, a run for their money!