“If You Do Nothing Else in Florence, Do This Tour”

Walkabout Florence Tours
Book In Advance
$107.82*
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
$117.41*
and up
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan Farmhouse with Local Market Tour from...
$101.83*
Florence Vespa Tour: Tuscan Hills and Italian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 359 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Apart from visiting the statue of David, this was by far the best and best-value thing my wife and I did in Florence. It cost us under 100 Euros each, and we had a really full-on day, with a great guide. He was Alex I think, a young Italian-American who grew up in this region. We had a comfortable bus, good driver, all the time we needed and all the commentary we needed in Siena, San Gimingano, Pisa and the vineyard where he had an educative gourmet lunch with really top wines and guidance on what to drink. We covered a lot of ground that day. All very satisfying, and we made good friends too. And there were no hands out for tips, though we did spy a discreet little basket. We were glad to contribute to it.

1  Thank 255678Dan
Write a ReviewReviews (12,420)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was astonished at how much they managed to fit *comfortably* into one day! From the very start, the efficiency of the operation is obvious and the staff are very clear from the beginning that the schedules and timings are strict and to be adhered to - no exceptions! Being a stickler for timeliness, I appreciated this greatly. However, if you are an ambler who hates to conform to schedules this will not work for you.

The tour starts outside the train station in Florence and visits: Sienna, San Gimingnano and Pisa. It would have been bear impossible for us to visit these three towns on our own accord in one day and with limited time it was a great option for us! We did the add-ons of climbing the Leaning Tower and we were glad we did this - Walkabout take care of ticket buying etc ahead of time and just hand them to you on the bus.

On the bus they sell water and cooldrinks for those that forgot to pack (guilty!) which I felt was a nice touch.

Our tour guide was fluent in English and easy to understand. She was also very knowledgeable and funny - really carrying us through the day with energy and vibrancy.Like I said earlier, she was trying to keep a buss FULL of tourists to a strict schedule. She managed to do so with a firm voice and a smile.

1  Thank gorbs87
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Becky was our tour guide and she was great. She is very knowledgeable about the sites and history. She speaks English fluently, as she was raised in the UK, so it is very easy to understand her. There isn't a lot of time to wonder around everywhere, but it is more than enough to see the sites. The lunch at the farm was definately the highlight, the food and wine is great. You can buy wine and olive oil at the farm where you eat lunch(you taste it at lunch).

1  Thank stephl19
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have to echo the sentiments of previous reviewers to say what a brilliant day trip this really is. The pace is good; not too rushed but allowing you to take in so much in one day. Becky is brilliant and goes out of her way to make the tour very personalised. Here people are treated like travellers not tourists. We took many day tours during our month in Europe and this was the stand out. I would also add that this is a very enjoyable day for kids - most suitable for 8+ years.. Thanks again Becky and Walkabout for a memorable day in Tuscany.

1  Thank clanciegirl
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My father and I took the tour on November 8, 2012 from Florence. From the start of the tour the guide, I think it was Cecilia, was so pleasant and gave a good description of the things we were about to see as we approached each town. Since we only had 1 day to tour Tuscany, we felt we got to see a lot of the country side and experience Tuscany. We enjoyed the guide we met in Siena and felt we got to see the highlights of the town; even though there was about a half hour of free time, that was plenty for us. The lunch at a vineyard was enjoyable with the multiple wines we got to try with lunch which is served family style. It was a fun way to meet fellow travellers and it seemed everyone had a nice lunch. San Gimignano was a great town and when we tried the gelato at the store the guide recommended, she was correct in that it was some of the best I've had. There was a problem with 2 people in the group in San Gimignano that caused the whole tour to be delayed at least 2 hours. It was an unfortunate situation but the guide was visibly upset because she felt everyone's tour was being ruined due to something out of her control. Long story short, nobody was upset with the guide or the tour company; the guide even got a standing ovation since she could not continue on the remainder of the trip to Pisa. Walkabout sent another guide from Florence to meet us when we arrived in Pisa which was unexpected. Despite the very unusual situation, I could not think of a better way a tour company could've hanlded the situation, they were top rate in being accomodative of all passengers and I think most everyone on the bus felt the same way. I wish all tour companies could be as professional as Walkabout. I loved the tour, it's a long day but a great way to experience Tuscany and the tour company is outstanding. I would recommend them to anyone and will use them again.

4  Thank Malibu_Man1901