“We had the best time”
Review of The Spice Lab

The Spice Lab
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Quite simply our favorite thing in Florence. Do not miss this amazing experience. The food was incredible and Paolo was amazing. Loved this.

There are newer reviews for The Spice Lab

Reviewed November 13, 2011

OK, this was my first cooking class as a tourist. But, I don't know how I could have had a better experience. Melanie and Paolo and his uncle were wonderful hosts and teachers. Our dinner was fabulous, we all had fun helping fix it and each of us learned something new. I highly recommend doing this class as a different way to visit a city.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I took my best friend to Florence for the weekend to celebrate her birthday. We went in February for my birthday and enjoyed the Touring Club 500 (which was also awesome by the way), but this time we went did a cooking course which we both loved as well. Melanie wasn't able to conduct the course for reasons I know so Paolo stepped in which was great. He was a great teacher! Melanie and Paolo organized a bottle of Champagne and candles for the cake which made the day even more special. I fully recommend this course to anyone! Next time I would love to do it in the Olive Grove but we were too late for that.

1  Thank Clover0
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is a memorable experience. Both Melanie and Paolo go out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful experience.the preparation,the meals, the wine , the views and even the grappa were all part of such a memerable special experience. It's the people you meet on life's journey that enrich your life. Thank-you for enriching our lives, we loved being with Melanie and Paolo in the olive grove..I highly recommend signing up for this class.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Melanie and Paulo gave us the best day/evening of our trip to Tuscany. 4 couples drove into Florence and parked at the train-station (easy) esp. with the no drive now in effect. We meet at their families coffee shop were Melanie greeted us. We had a bathroom stop and coffee and off we went. The olive grove drive was a short distance. We jumped right into cooking. Our group had asked for the special Bistecca to be part of our meal which was better than any beef I have had in my life. I had asked for a couple special items that luckily were still in season and they made them superb. We did the five course meal. Melanie and Paulo after our dinner (which we enjoyed with our Chefs) They gave a a tour of the olive grove and how it all works.
Bring your camera and comfy shoes and a big appetite no one was left hungry. They gave us some good ideas of other attractions not to miss while in Florence.
The guys were a little weary of the thought of the class length but we have ALL decided it was great and well worth the money and time. We all would do this class again and again. I am going back in the spring and bringing my daughters and their significant others along with my parents. This class is great for all ages Even kids!
Melanie then emailed us all the items we cooked and other recipes about 2 weeks later. Have already made them for my family! Ciao