Hotel dei Macchiaioli
$178
  • Breakfast included
Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$227
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
$667
$647
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast roomgreat locationtrain stationno elevatorfrescoed ceilingsfamily suitevia cavourpainted ceilingyogurtaccademia galleryheavy bagsfirst floorsmall hotelthe hotel staffwalking distancesmall balconytwo blocks
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed here for two nights and were very happy. I picked the hotel based on TA reviews. The staff was very helful. We went with their recommendations for restaurants rather than the ones from TA and were very happy. The rooms were clean, the hotel was quiet, and was in a good location. This was one of our favorite hotels on our trip. Would recommend!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
macchia_fi, Booking at Hotel dei Macchiaioli, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

We are happy that you have had a noce stay with us.

Hope to see you again !!

Hotel Macchiaioli (Florence)

Reviewed March 16, 2011

We were guests at this gorgeous hotel for 2 nights and loved every minute of our stay - we didn't want to leave! The delightful staff were welcoming from the second we arrived and the room was spacious and immaculate. And having a feast of a breakfast in the beautiful dining room was also a great joy! Florence is a stunning city and this superbly located hotel makes any stay there all the more wonderful. Many thanks to the Hotel dei Macchiaioli!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
macchia_fi, reception at Hotel dei Macchiaioli, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

Thank you !!!!!!

You are very kind :)

Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband and I have recently returned from a two night stay at the Hotel Dei Macchiaoli on 21/22 Feb 2011. We were on a buying trip for my shop in Norwich, England, and the hotel was ideally placed for our trip, including sight seeing ( two minutes walk from the Duomo) and the centre of Florence. The hotel was originally a palace for a rich Florentine family, which has amazing frescos in the lounge and breakfast room. The staff were extrememly polite and helpful, the rooms are spacious and well decorated, large comfortable beds and beautiful warm bathrooms. Very clean. We had heavy luggage which they were very keen to help us with, (as their is no lift being a protected building.) However, there is facility for disabilities as all rooms are on the first floor. We were surprised how quiet it was for a city centre hotel. Good continental breakfast included.
We had a car which was quickly collected by the nearby garage, which offers as many in/outs as you want for a daily charge of €24. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. We will be back again soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
macchia_fi, booking at Hotel dei Macchiaioli, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review.
It was a pleasure to let your stay in our Hotel be pleasant.

We hope to see you soon.

Warm regards

Hotel dei MAcchiaioli (Forence)

Reviewed February 28, 2011

I have been a member on TA for about 3 years and this is my first post. I have just got back from 3 nights at Dei Macchiaioli and felt they deserve some recognition.
This is a fairly new hotel and is clean, modern and comfortable. The buffet breakfast has loads of choice, is nice and fresh and all set out with great care.
The thing that made my stay even more enjoyable was the friendliness, care and attention of the staff esp. Francesca and Paolo, but I get the feeling that this attitude exists throughout the hotel. It’s a small family-like set up (but not “overbearing” as some family operations can be) and professionally executed.
Francesca was really helpful during booking including sorting out reservations at a couple of museums and when I was there Paulo (who has worked for owners since 2003 in another hotel) dealt with my various requirements, always in the most positive and helpful manner. He does a bit of guiding in Florence and entertained me in conversation about art when I’m sure he had plenty of other things to do.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Thank you !!

Taking time to talk with our guest, anytime they want it, is the soul of our work.

Friendly regards

Reviewed February 14, 2011

My mom and I spent a few nights at this charming little hotel during our trip to Italy in February 2011. The room and bathroom were clean but small, though not tiny by European standards. About a 12-15 minute walk from the main train station in Florence. I do have to dock a few points for service though. It’s fine that a building of this age doesn’t have an elevator – I can understand that. But then the hotel should really offer assistance with luggage. My mom and I had to lug our bags up at least 2-3 flights of stairs from the ground-floor entrance to the hotel itself on the second floor (or “first floor” for Europeans). When we checked in, there was a lady at the desk who at least tried to help us, even though she just went for the small carry-on bag while we had to get the large check-in bags ourselves. But when we checked out of the hotel, the man behind the desk didn’t even bother offering to help with our bags. He just stood there watching us. This isn’t a big deal if you travel very light, I know. But for us – one old lady and one with a back problem – it was definitely a blemish on an otherwise comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank puzzler101

Dear guest,

thank you for the review.
We are sorry that you found our assistance with your luggage not helpful.
The girl that helped you when you checked-in, she just took a luggage, she didn't know that the other luggege could have been heavier. She just took the 1st that she saw.

About the day of your check-out , we are sorry that the man behind the desk didn't help you.
It won't happen again.

Thanks once again for your review and we wish you all the best.

the Staff