1,219 results
All reviewsshuttle buswater millarno rivershuttle servicewater wheelbeautiful hoteljacuzzi bathsister hoteltuscan countrysideour honeymoonsuperior roomthe hotel offershighly recommend this hotelstayed longerfavorite hotelpastriesaldo
Reviewed October 8, 2010

You can not fault this hotel. The setting is beautiful, the rooms stunning and the staff are beyond compare. The free shuttle bus to the city makes life so easy. After a busy day in Florence you can return to a peaceful oasis where you can just put your feet up and relax. I think this is one of the nicest stays I have ever had and I would not hesitate to go back. If only all hotels were this great.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

My husband and I chose the Mulino di Firenze because it was out of the hustle and bustle of the city and looked like a charming place to stay.

The Not So Good:
Before we left home for our trip to Italy, my husband emailed the hotel to find out how to get there from the train station. The response he received said to take bus 23B towards Nave a Rovezzano and get off at the last stop...the hotel is 600 m from there (no directions beyond that). Good thing we didn't take the bus the first night we arrived with all of our luggage because we ended up taking it the next night and got totally lost. We got off at the last stop and nothing looked even remotely familiar. We walked for a while, but it was night and we didn't feel comfortable wandering around so we decided to call the hotel. The woman at the desk told us we were on Marco Polo when we explained our surroundings and so we asked if she could call us a taxi...she said she couldn't because she didn't know where we were and just gave us the number for the taxi company. We called the taxi company and were hung up on because the person apparently did not speak English. So we had no idea where we were, how to get back to the hotel, and on top of it all, my phone was going to die. Luckily, we stumbled upon a Holiday Inn and asked them to call us a taxi. One minute later, a taxi was there. As we rode back to the hotel, we realized the bus stop we were told to get off at was nowhere near 600 m to our hotel.

We also chose this hotel because it's new and I figured it had to be clean. The first night, I noticed that I could see little black things through the sheet on top of the mattress. Plus, the bathroom wasn't all that clean.

The Good:
The breakfast was very good with a large assortment of pastries, cereal, eggs, bacon, juice, etc.

The view from the hotel was beautiful on the Arno river.

The shuttle service into the city was a nice thing to have and the times ended up working out well for us.

The food at the restaurant was very good.

Free wi-fi.

3  Thank lisah15
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We spent 5 nights in this hotel having discovered it by chance online. It is the old watermill for the city, converted into an amazing hotel right on the river and about a 15 mins drive from the city centre. So lots of rustic charm and brand new having just opened! Breakfast and dinner are buffets and there is a very good bar with outdoor terraces and a great swimming pool. The staff also spoke excellent English and could not have been more helpful.

They offer a free shuttle service into town and back, morning and evenings which we thought was excellent and meant that it did not matter that we were not central. The peaceful, beautiful location of the hotel is definitely worth it! Even if you missed the shuttle, a taxi was only c.€20. Nearby is a lovely local pizzeria and you can hire free bikes from the hotel to cycle along the river.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return again!

1  Thank LdnBusinessTraveller
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying at the Mulino di Firenze for our holiday in August, and we would fully recommend it for anyone planning to visit Florence and Tuscany.

The hotel is ideally situated in the green hills just to the East of Florence - with pleasant views across the River Arno. A free shuttle service is on-hand to take you into the historic centre. Florence is also well situated to visit all the different regions of Tuscany and the hotel has the advantage of free parking if you’ve hired a car to explore.

In addition to the ideal location, the hotel itself was perfect. All of the staff were extremely helpful in all matters, particularly at the reception, where the service level excellent and the receptionists were always patient and willing to assist.

We also found the morning breakfast and evening buffet tasty, authentically Tuscan, wholesome, and reasonably priced.

The hotel refurbishment is impressive and to a high standard, with the most amazing swimming pool conversion of the old mill pond. We were so comfortable during our stay and really felt there was an attention to detail with everything.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights with my boyfriend and it was a lovely experience.

The hotel is a little outside Florence, between €15 - €20 in a taxi but they offer a free shuttle bus service which goes in and out of Florence a few times a day.
The surounding countryside is idyllic and very romantic so the distance did not bother us, in fact we chose it for this reason.

Our room was very spacious and well decorated with some nice traditional pieces of furniture and looked out onto the back of the hotel which was the best view. It could be a little noisy at times as the footpath outside was cobblestone so any noise could be heard howeever this did not bother us too much.

We did not (much to our embarrassment) speak any Italian really but the hotel staff did and were extremely freindly and helpful to us.

The only criticism I would have would be the dinner choice. They offer a themed buffet menu every evening for €28 per person which was a bit expensive. It would have been nice to be able to choose from a proper dinner menu for a lower cost as there is nowhere very closeby to eat except one pizza place.
Their breakfast buffet was fantastic however and I am sure the dinner menu was too but we did not stay to try it any night.

I would recommend this hotel. It is not far from Florence and you get a lovely experience of the tuscan countryside around it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple